Gothic Weddings
Options

I am in LOVE with these DIY vinyl bowls!

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/02/diy-record-bowl

I have decided that I HAVE to do this
Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I am in LOVE with these DIY vinyl bowls!

• Options
    haha you're title has quite a misspelling...

I'm planning on making some of these bowls as my wedding is music themed. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do with them. Probably have them hold programs and miscellaneous stuff. I'm also hoping that I can hang vinyl records from the ceiling. I have to talk to the venue to see if it's possible though. 

P.S. The cheapest place I've found records is St Vincent, I think they charge 75 cents, vs goodwill that charges $1, they'll add up quick! Especially since I want a lot of them if I'm hanging them from the ceiling!  

Here's another way I'm including vinyl records in my day, I'll have 3 records and silver paint pens in lieu of a traditional guest book. We'll frame the records and hang them in our house!

• Options

hahah i can't believe i missed that. We have a human society thrift store that has a crap load of them so I am going check that out asap. I love your little music stands, you have a lot of cute ideas. I'm thinking we might use some kind of red tissue or lining and fill them with mints or my favorite halloween candy.

Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    One thing I noticed on the DIY instructions is that it failed to mention how toxic the process is. Make sure your house is very ventilated when you make these. I'm going to have FI make them at work with a heat gun, that way the process will go much faster and it will be easier to manipulate the vinyl. I want the bowls to look more like this anyway:

Thanks, I love the music stands! I secretly love the music note picture holders more though, when FI told me his ideas for making all of the table decor I never dreamed that it would turn out that good! I really need to update my bio, but I'm too lazy to do it haha.
  • Options
    I saw this project on a craft show years ago! It would be awesome to sell them in gift shops too.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards