Gothic Weddings
Options

Greatest shoes ever!

http://www.journeys.com/shi/product.aspx?id=149091&p=shoes&c=937#reviews

I love these shoes! I really really want them, but I've never paid that much for dress shoes ever. Plus, with my dress length I'm supposed to be only getting a 1 inch heel, AND the heels would most likely sink in at my ceremony site. Despite all of those reasons, I still really want to buy them.

Re: Greatest shoes ever!

• Options
    I looked at those very same shoes! I knew I didn't want heels that would sink in though. They are definitely some of the cutest shoes I've ever seen! That's one of the downfalls to having an outdoor wedding. :( I went to a wedding last September and my heels stuck into the lawn and then they had dirt and grass stuck to the heels! I ended up going barefoot.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    I own these shoes! They are freakin hot, but WICKED uncomfortable! I can only wear them for like an hour at a time.
  • Options
    This is one thing I found to prevent shoes from sinking in.

http://prettypinktoes.co.uk/cleanheels.aspx

The only thing is, I think they would make the shoe look stupid, and it would defeat the purpose. I guess I would have to order them and try it to see how it looks.
  • Options
    those are awesome! hmmm what about finding a cheaper pair and adding the pearl details? or even getting a pair with a thin ankle strap and covering that with a wide satin one like in the picture and then putting on the pearls?
    or you could just buy them! it's your wedding, If your ever gonna spend money on shoes now could be the timeSmile
  • Options
    Those are really beautiful shoes...don't forget your wedding night  Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I probably won't get them since Nyce said they're not comfortable, I care way more about being comfortable haha. I think I'll go with my original idea to get shoes with a crazy design on them!
  • Options
    Found AWESOME wedges for my outdoor day ($40!!!). Espadrille style but with gold threads mixed in the natural fibers. Heels superhigh, but I'm used to footpain, have a 6'1" fiance, and anticipate many opportunities to sit down or even go barefoot in the grass for a bit! Pretty ankle straps, too.
    AphroditeJules Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^ Awesome! I have a pair of wedges that I love, but I've worn them so many times I don't think they'd feel special enough to wear on my weding day. They're red so they'd fit my wedding perfectly too. I was thinking maybe I'll do something to make them look more unique. I was thinking about adding pyramid studs, but I don't know how I would do that and if it would even look good.
  • Options
    Think of it this way, they're already broken in... think of them as your "something old"!
  • Options
    ^ I think that's what I'm going to do. I dismanteled one of FI's belts to get a pyramid stud to see if it would go through the layers of the shoe and it works. Now I just need to order a pack off of ebay.
  • Options
    Awesome! Now you know your shoes will be comfy and be rockin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards