Gothic Weddings

New venue?

I think I've gone crazy. We've been penciled in at our reception venue since we first started planning this wedding (we know the owners so placing a deposit isn't really priority, so we still have yet to do it). Plus, we just got our contracts in the mail from our caterer that we have to sign and send back with $100 and then we'll be all set for our food, we just need a taste testing to finalize some things.

...now last night I went to my grandparents house, where my ceremony will take place and as we were driving out of town I started to ponder just using the reception venue that's only a few blocks away. I'm going to set up an appointment to meet with the venue next week. I'm pretty sure it's going to be way out of our price range for sure though, but the more I think about it the more I want it there now. (After looking it up online, I realized it was a lot fancier than I thought it would be. The current venue that we would use is just a huge space, it means a lot to FI and I, but not enough that we have to have it there) I'm just really hoping the new venue is in our budget, everything would be so much easier if we did it there, only a short walk away from the ceremony. I feel so silly for only thinking about it now that we have almost everything finalized.

Re: New venue?

• You never put the deposits down and you are far off from your date, don't worry about wanted to change your mind. It is YOUR wedding, and you should where you and your FI want it to  be. Believe me, I have changed my mind about so much of wedding that I don't remember what I had first wanted way back when we got engaged. 
  • I agree, it's worth looking at. I think I would like to look at a couple different venues also.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • The date's available and it's only $400 more to have it there! Only about $1700 for everything including the hall, food, linens, and basic refreshments. I'm so excited! Here are a few pictures of wedding setups, it's a much nicer place than the venue we were going to go with, and it's right down the street from the ceremony!

FI is excited because we can all walk to the reception and he thinks we'll get some great pictures of that, especially since it's such a small town chances are people are going to come out of their houses to see what's going on. It'll be like a mini parade minus the candy! haha

• edited July 2010
    That's frickin beautiful!!! I'm drooling...
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards