Gothic Weddings

I'm on my way to check out a venue!

Here it is!

The Cutting Garden

I'm bringing my camera so I will post some pictures as soon as possible (when my little one gives me some time!)
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: I'm on my way to check out a venue!

• edited July 2010
    Ok, so here's a link to the pictures I took if anyone would like to see them. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! and PERFECT!!!! I just really hope we can afford it!

The Cutting Garden Pictures
  • This is EXACTLY the kind of setting I picture when I imagine your wedding (I mean that in a totally non-stalkerish way Smile) It is absolutely lovely, with just the right amount of vintage/victorian to be elegant without becoming costume-y. (I hope that made sense)
  • Oh wow, that looks like the perfect venue for you! It's gorgeous! I hope you guys can get it, it looks amazing.
  • thats so pretty!! I'm kinda jealous!
    Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited July 2010
    Ooooooh I hope I can fit it into my budget!!!! I was crunching numbers earlier and started to get really stressed so I stopped and went out into the garden to work for a couple hours. Weddings are so damn expensive. It definitely is perfect for us. It's actually only a 4 minute drive from our house!!!!

It's $2,825 for an 8 hour wedding on a Saturday, and only $2,250 on Sundays so we might change the wedding to be on a Sunday. I think I can live with that, and have a rehearsal on Saturday. There is a $750 deposit to hold the venue. There is already a wedding booked for next July on their calender, but I believe it's on a Saturday.

One hard thing is that I still want a dark wedding. I can still rent chairs that are black and have pretty linens, china, serving trays, etc but it will be pricey. I have to make this work. This is my FH's and my dream wedding and we want the details to reflect that.

We would have to have a licensed bartender, and I don't have any clue who could do that for us. I guess I should look into it. The good thing is there are tables and a huge tent included in the cost, a dance floor which we wouldn't have had with the other venue, and soooooo much space!
  • What does that cost cover? If it's only the venue then that's pretty steep. I'm getting a reception venue, catering, linens, silverware, etc. for about $1700. If it fits what you envision for your wedding and you can fit it in your budget, go for it! Would there be a venue that would live up to your dream of a dark wedding a little easier near you? It's your wedding day, so don't settle for anything less than what you envision, as long as it's in your budget of course. I know our wedding is taking place in a very small town (population of maybe 100) and that's why it's reasonable. If this venue isn't 100% what you're looking for I would keep looking of I were you.
  • It's the only venue in our area that has the accomidations we need. It includes all of the tables and chairs that we would need, but I actually want special linens and chairs. We're trying to really personalize the setting because it has such a light colored color palette to work with. I looked into renting our chairs, linens, china, serving trays, etc. yesterday. We would be picking up our rentals, because delivery is too expensive, and also returning them.

We're still not even sure if the wedding will be in 2011 or 2012. It depends on our financial situation. We'll see what happens. I have to completely rethink my budget because so much has changed.
  • It looks amazing, I think you could turn it into your dark wedding with some small details. You could always cut down your prices by keeping their chairs and adding details that will make them fit with your color, such as dark colored sashes or cushions.  I think your wedding would look great at that venue.

I definitely know how you feel about changing your plans and budget. My budget and plans have changed a lot since I was first engaged, but I think things are finally coming together. I'm sure that you're wedding will turn out amazingly, you have the greatest ideas! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards