Gothic Weddings

invitation questions..

how much did you spend on invites? did you just buy them or make them?[feel free to post a pic]. i haven't found too many that really stood out alot to me.. i kinda figured i would draw/come up with my own until i came across these. they aren't a bad price if they were located in the u.s.. but they aren't.. so the shipping part alone is ridiculous [like $400]. i'm not sure what my invite budget is since it's kinda just up to me & what i decide on everything else..

what dyou think of them? ..& do you think i might be able to make similar ones myself?

love these 3! they look fun

[i really like this one the most.. but it's wayy too much]

Re: invitation questions..

• edited February 2010
    The third picture is my favorite! They are gorgeous! Where did you find them and how much do they cost? I love that they are black and they have my favorite kind of scrolling flourish design on them. Now that my date has changed and I have more time to buy things that I really love I am considering buying some from magnetstreet.com. I haven't talked to my FH about it yet, because he really wants it to be a DIY project. I figured I could just find a few that I like and ask him how he feels about just ordering some. I think the ones that are in my bio that are my favorites are about $210.

I think you could make similar ones with painted wooden dowels and the right kind of paper. I don't know what would be a cost efficient way to send them though.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2010

These are our seal and sends from LCIPaper.com They include a tear-off RSVP.  I did the addresses in calligraphy and FI used silver wax seals to seal them.  Yes, he actually used real sealing wax!  They were awesome!

Everyone has complimented them and said that the seal was a "nice touch."
    We're glad that everyone noticed!

Edit:  They were $26.50 for 50 invites
  • edited February 2010
    oh ya my sister did a wax seal i think with their monogram or whatever it was cool. i will too if i use envelopes to seal & not a box.

dw- i know they're so pretty. the first one i looked up was 550 for everything plus 400 shipping.. & that bottom one i love was 1500 which is def too much. but the others are 500something for the total with just the invite alone [with printing]

like those 3 above are around 550.30 for 200 ppl with printing so i'll probably do it! & then just make the rsvp cards & such myself

indianweddingcard.com
  • edited February 2010
    Ooooh hollieheidi, I can't see them very well, but I'm sure the design is really awesome. The tear-off rsvp's are sweet. It's funny because I think my FH is doing the calligraphy on the envelopes and I'm doing the wax seals. Don't tell him though he thinks he gets tp do both! Te-hee! I'm not sure if we're doing red, or silver, or silver glitter wax yet. I was actually at the stationary store on Friday and I found a letter "T" seal. It's like $18, but we'll have it for a long time. I'm sure we'll use it again. I think it would be wise to just pick it up and get it over with! The thing that sucks is I think they look best on envelopes with a point on the back, but all of the invites we're looking at have straight flaps in the back. I can probably just order different ones, but geez, it's another expense! 

cellarius - If you can afford them, do it! They are so unique, and people will really think they are fantastic! They are really expensive, but if it's something you really love you could make it a "necessity". :) Kinda like my roses. :)
  • edited February 2010
    I must say those scrolls are awesome!!

I designed our invites and am looking for a reasonable way to get them printed. I got a quote from a women for $340 for 60 invites. I thinks she crazy. So I was going to continue looking but here the design and writting i did: (im interested in any feed back even on the writting)

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/CorinneMarie22/Wedding%20Fun/?action=view&current=Full-Out-Line-wWritting-smWEBSAFE.jpg

sorry about the gray lines... those arent going to be in the final. it took me so long to make these I wanted to make sure no one else took the design :\
  • corinne - THOSE ARE AWESOME!  HOW GORGEOUS!  I LOVE THE SCROLLWORK! 
    what about vistaprint?  you can upload your own design and if you sign up for their emails you get inundated with FREE invitation offers all the time. 

I printed our Save The Dates and a ton of other print materials from there. You can also request a pdf sample.  Just to make sure you like the paper I'd order like the 10 free and then if you liked them you could wait for the next free offer.
  • corinnemarie - Staples also does printing. I have a friend of mine that did hers there and they turned out beautifully! Just choose a really good paper to start out with. I would definitely check out vistaprint too. 

hollieheidi - I will definitely look at Michaels. it's so hard because I am an hour away from any Michaels store, but it would be a fun pilgrimage. I've actually only been to Michaels twice. What was I thinking? It's amazing! That's where I found the silver wax, the glitter glue sticks, and a fleur de li stamper. I actually took pictures when I was there. It helps me remember what I looked at.

Plus, here's my not so great first attempt at DIY invitations. Kind of a crappy picture...

• So yesterday I totally forgot this thread was here and I posted the invites that we are looking at. I really need to catch up on sleep....
  • Hey just as an update for those of you who like the scroll idea that was first posted. When I was looking for a local printer I found a place in So Cal that does custome scrolls. I know "musgral8" you are in NY but it is in the states so Im not sure if it will help you or not but thought i would share the link.
    http://www.paper-girl.com/weddingport2.html

maybe if you show them the ones you found they can help. Just a thought

Also, thanks for everyones feed back and help. I am having a hard time with vista print or staples only because I would really like pocket fold invites and since I worked so hard on the design I still want really nice invites. But I am not leaving them out as options. So thank you! :)
  • corinne - I'm sure you've already visited http://www.cardsandpockets.com/ but I know alot of the ladies get their invites from there as well. 

I've even seen a chocolate brown and a silver metallic set for relatively cheap in the Target stores.  We originally wanted pocketfolds, but was more work that I actually wanted to put into it.

I got my seal and sends from lcipaper.com and they have pocketfolds as well.

Good Luck! Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards