Gothic Weddings
Options

Unique card box idea

My wedding is music themed, down to every last detail. I came up with a fantastic idea for a card box. I want to have a opened guitar case with a clever sign next to it, saying something along the lines of "Spare change please! (place cards here)".

The only problem is that the cards will be out in the open and easy for someone to steal, I would hope I could trust everyone that we're inviting, but you never know. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? 

Re: Unique card box idea

• Options
    hmm yeah i would worry/wonder about that too. personally i wouldn't want to take any chances so i really wouldn't put the option out there. what about a closed guitar case? you could cut a slit in the top of it? you can also lock them. maybe decorate it with your music notes or something. that way it would be way more noticeable if someone tried to take it then if they just grabbed some cards..

or what if it was open but you made the inside like a box? i'm sure you could make a 'lid' type thing that you glue down or something that makes it flat when you open it. you could cover it with the velvety stuff that lines some cases so it looks normal/ or the same and then put the slit in the 'lid' part instead? lol not sure if that makes sense.. do you know what i mean? you could set it on a table or something & decorate around it so it's somewhere very clearly visible to you/everyone..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards