Gothic Weddings

Boutinerre ideas

So I am looking to DIY boutinerres for the guys...but I don't want flowers. I have been looking around on etsy and google for some alternative ideas but nothing has inspired me so far. We are having a Halloween themed wedding and our colors are black, orange and white. TIA!

Re: Boutinerre ideas

• feathers! i love the idea of using them. I am not having a gothic theme wedding but i like to lurke here and i think no matter what kind of wedding you are having feathers are a nice touch. You can find raven feathers or some halloween colors. I am using quail feathers because i am that confident in their awesomness.
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • I second the feathers. Our bouts are feathers and damask print ribbon.
  • edited March 2010
    Making boutonnieres is really fun. I found it took me about 25-30 minutes a piece. They turned out so awesome! I used branches and guinea hen feathers for one, and a peacock feather for another. I'm planning on having a different boutonniere for each groomsman, the groom, the ring bearer, and flowers for the FOB and FOG. I'm using crow feathers and a fan paint brush in two of the others. Just pick up the materials and play around. I picked up all of the materials and some small width black ribbon and laid all kinds of crazy materials out on my bed and just started wrapping random stuff.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards