Gothic Weddings

my DIY invites

I've kind of been in a wedding slump lately, I haven't had time to even think about wedding planning. But today I had a few extra minutes so I decided to make a very rough draft of my invites. I couldn't find our paper cutter so the lines aren't perfectly straight and I should have added extra space on top to accomodate for the bow, although I'm going to use thinner music note ribbon for the actual invites, I haven't been able to find it in the store though so I'll have to buy it online. Even though it's a rough draft I'm really excited that it turned out well! The table numbers are going to be the same idea, but they're named after concerts that we've been to together, including the one that we met at for the head table. Those will be on top of music stands that my fiance is welding together. Ok, so I'll stop talking and let you see what it looks like, ignore the wording, I'll most likely change a lot of things. Oh and I might add another piece of clear material/paper as another layer to  make it look a little more neat.

Re: my DIY invites

• That's such a great idea my FI and I both play the guitar so music is very special to us. I love coming on the forum and seeing all the great ideas. I'll get pictures of my invites up soon (we were on vacation camping in the mts.) but, since we're going to elope they won't be needed. However, I just want to pass on more diy ideas for inspiration. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here are my diy invites they are black card stock I bought at Hobby lobby I added gold stickers and then I had planned on using my computer to print the inside.  Since I wanted the wording to be really meaningfull I did a seach for romantic poems and came up with this one..

"From this day forward you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home."  Anomymous 

Using simple card stock you can do alot of different things with to dress them up these came 25 to a pack with envelopes for under $10.  I was going to use a hole puncher and ribbon to keep it all together or if you could do calligraphy right on them any way lots of options. The middle sticker is flowers  so you can orient the card two ways  I also put more on the inside corners the stickers were $2.99 and came in silver too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You guys, those are both so beautiful and original! We were going to DIY or invites, but I think we probably gave up on that idea. We'll make some other little DIY paper things though.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Oh those are awesome invitations too! Yeah, musc as our wedding theme was a no-brainer, we met at a concert and he's in a band, and the rest of his band are all groomsmen.

I'm glad you guys like my invites, they're really simple. I was afraid they would turn out looking cheap, but with a layer of vellum I think they'll look great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards