Gothic Weddings

Topic of the Day: Holidays? Already?

Are you guys ready for the holidays? We're not huge fans of Christmas but we have a tree up and got stockings. We even went shopping on Black Friday. I'm trying to think of what happened to us. This is the first year we're celebrating since we've been together. Is this what happens when you get old? :D

What are your plans? We've got 26 days to go...

Re: Topic of the Day: Holidays? Already?

• *scoetto, that's exactly what I was talkng about when I said "the little things" in a previous post. You don't HAVE to do anything, but when you do, it's neat to have new experiences together. I know I must sound like one of those disgusting and annoying romantics, but with all the crap I've gone through I have decided to enjoy every opportunity that I have to do something new and/or fun. I hope you guys had a good time.

We live with Chris's parents while we save up to buy some land. They NEVER decorate or really celebrate holidays at their house, but this year Chris's mom took me and the baby to get a pre-lit artificial tree. We picked out decorations and decorated it together. My daughter started laughing like a mad woman when we plugged it in!!! Chris and I went shopping at JCPenney's at 4am on black friday with one thing on our minds, a holiday dress for Willow. We got her the most awesome red dress with little black leggings, little shiny black shoes, and her first real winter jacket. We also went to Walmart on Thanksgiving and got her one of those kitchen play sets with the little stove and sink. It's so frickin' awesome! We just need to pick up some little things for her to open up and things for her stocking. I think we're getting each other one thing each. Chris wants a harmonica from an antique shop. I just want a scrapbook. That's about it. When I have my own house I'll get all crafty and haul branches out of the woods to decorate with. It's something to look forward to.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • I was thinking that I am glad that the stores didn't shove Christmas in my face this year like in previous years.  DH might decorate this weekend and we will probably get our tree next week.  I really want to decorate and get into the spirit this holiday because I was so wrapped up with the wedding I neglected Halloween and I LOVE LOVE LOVE halloween, so that made me a little upset.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so behind this year. We really like Christmas and usually I am about half done by now but it seems like I have no time. I got my sister taken care of because I have to send her's in the mail but as for the Mr and my folks...nada.

It's the Mr's birthday next Wednesday so I have been concentraiting on that.
    Photobucket
  • This is totally off topic, but I was wondering if anyone was having problems posting a new thread? I've been trying to post for a few days, and I just keep getting annoyed and giving up.
  • Not a huge fan of Christmas.  I was looking forward to a live tree this year.. my family has always had an artificial one, but DH's parents always get a real one.  But this year, they're going to be away a lot, and they've been shopping for a fake one.  They haven't bought one of those yet though, either.  At the pace they get things done, there's greater likelyhood of not ending up with a tree whatsoever.  DH wants to put up our fake tree, but the basement ceiling is kind of low and I don't think it will fit.

I'm trying to find time to make gingerbread cookies.  I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the process.  They're delicious, but they're a huge pain to make.  For a recipe that starts with 6 cups of flour, we always seem to run out way too fast.  And it just occurred to me that all of my favorite cookie cutters are at my parents' house.  Boo hiss.
  • Are you using the boards in Firefox? I find Firefox is a lot faster and easier than Internet Explorer. I tried opening this thread 3 times in IE & got redirected to the knot shop. Sorry, knot. I'm already married. I don't need to shop for a wedding!

As far as the holidays, we found a fake black christmas tree at walmart for $68. It was pretty rad. We want it, but that's a lot of money for a fake tree. Hmm... Maybe I'll go get it this weekend.
  • OMG I love that tree. I just saw it at our Wal Mart the other day but it's 89 bucks here. Damn Canada!
    Photobucket
  • I didn't see the black tree! I'll have to look again. I really wanted the black shatterproof christmas balls with the silver swirls, but it's not my house or tree. My FMIL absolutely loves purple (she used to dye her hair purple and drive a purple saab), but we didn't find ANY purple decorations at walmart. :( We were both kinda bummed. We got one with colored lights and we got the shiny light blue shatterproof ornaments with the swirls and zig-zag stripes. We also got the little blue crystal ornaments that are acrylic. It's shiny and pretty and Willow loves it, so that's what matters. I'm done talking about shiny things for a moment.

*scoetto, I'm using IE and I have written a post and realized that there was no clicky button to "post" it. I was like WTF!!!! Plus, the other times that I tried I was taken to an almost blank screen on the bottom portion, but theknot tv thing was still there. It's frustrating because now I'm in hyper planning mode and I can't post. Grrrrrr. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards