Gothic Weddings

A great resource for decorating a cake with real flowers

I am trying to decide what flowers I can decorate my cake with, and I ran across this article. I'm just trying to find some that are safe and beautiful...

Edible and Poisonous Flowers
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: A great resource for decorating a cake with real flowers

• Awesome, I think I might have roses on the top layer (depending on how much my bouquet costs). I thought roses were safe, but it's always nice to doublecheck on things like that!
  • Yes, roses are safe. I wanted to know about asiatic lilies because I think they would look fabulous on our cake mixed with other things. From what I've found through those links, they are safe. I was completely set on having roses, but I'm not sure if I should spend so much money on them. Of course I still REALLY want some of my favorite roses, but I might just have to order less of them and use others to fill in the spaces. I want some dark purple flowers on our cake, too. I just found out that calla lilies are definitely poisonous, so that idea is out of the picture.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Yeah, I would definitely stick to what you're growing in your garden for your cake, I'm sure you'll have something way more beautiful and unique than roses! I'm only getting them because I fell in love with a rose bouquet I found, and I'm not really incorporating flowers into our day in very many places; we'll have my bouquet, his bout, and the flower girl will have loose petals. So I think it would be fun to add flowers to the cake (and I can fit them in my budget) I'll have a metal music note above the flowers too. I'm so excited for my cake since my aunt is making it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards