California-Los Angeles

Where can I get my rings appraised for insurance validation?? San Fernando Valley

I have been trying for  months to find a place that will do in-store appraisals of my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands for the insurance people. Does anyone know of a jewelry store that will do that? I really don't want to have someone send them out for appraisal...and I can't really at this point because my wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks. I really want to get them insured before the honeymoon...Can anyone point me in the right direction?! I've tried everywhere!!!

Help!

Kelly

Re: Where can I get my rings appraised for insurance validation?? San Fernando Valley

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_where-can-i-get-my-rings-appraised-for-insurance-validation-san-fernando-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:0ff4c374-89fa-4d0e-87f2-95de17c6f105Post:eea4ff8f-7257-40b1-b549-d140ac675820">Where can I get my rings appraised for insurance validation?? San Fernando Valley</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been trying for  months to find a place that will do in-store appraisals of my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands for the insurance people. Does anyone know of a jewelry store that will do that? I really don't want to have someone send them out for appraisal...and I can't really at this point because my wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks. I really want to get them insured before the honeymoon...Can anyone point me in the right direction?! I've tried everywhere!!! Help! Kelly
    Posted by DodsonGabel[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wish I could answer this for you, but I've been wondering the same thing. And I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've been married a year and a half and still haven't gotten my e-ring or other jewlery appraised! I might try to call AAA on Monday to see if they can recommend someone local. Or maybe try calling your insurance company to see if they have any recommendations. </div>
  • I went to Patrick at Gem Secure in Culver City.  http://www.certifiedjewelryappraiser.com/

My FI bought my first engagement ring from Macy's and it came with no certification.  Patrick basically told us he had been ripped off (the ring was junk) and we immediately returned it.  Patrick was really nice and took the time to explain to us what to look for so we went right back to him when we found THE ring.  He appraised it, photographed it, and gave us a certificate we used to obtain insurance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_where-can-i-get-my-rings-appraised-for-insurance-validation-san-fernando-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:0ff4c374-89fa-4d0e-87f2-95de17c6f105Post:025577c7-c448-47f6-9422-ee2a710cedff">Re: Where can I get my rings appraised for insurance validation?? San Fernando Valley</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Where can I get my rings appraised for insurance validation?? San Fernando Valley : I wish I could answer this for you, but I've been wondering the same thing. And I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've been married a year and a half and still haven't gotten my e-ring or other jewlery appraised! I might try to call AAA on Monday to see if they can recommend someone local. Or maybe try calling your insurance company to see if they have any recommendations. 
    Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

<div>I ended up going back to the jewler we got the rings from. They were able to do an appraisal for me and my insurance company is quoting it as we speak. I suggest you go back to them...they aren't even charging me!</div><div>
    </div><div>Kelly</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards