Ohio-Cleveland

Inexpensive Wedding Dresses

I've already looked at David's Bridal, but didn't love anything there. I'm really not in the market for an expensive dress. No more than $700. Can someone reccomend some bridal shops that would have that pricepoint.

Thank you!!!

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Dresses

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Julianne's Bridal Outlet in Olmsted Falls. They are a consignment shop, but very picky about what they accept to sell. Everything is in great shape! Mine was a Maggie Sottero that I picked up for $500. Including alterations and the veil that I also bought there, my entire outfit cost me around $600. Their selection varies, obviously, but even if you find a dress that's up to 2 sizes too large, they do alterations. Denise does a fabulous job with alts and is very reasonably priced.

If you don't care to purchase consignment merchandise, Bridal Room in Elyria carries some simpler gowns that cost less. I believe many are designer knockoffs, but do save money.

Did you check the sale rack at David's and also Catan Bridal (in Strongsville)? Catan has a huge selection of gowns and are always rotating some out, so they may have some good ones on clearance if you get lucky and happen to wear the sizes they'd have on hand. Actually, Catan may have something (non clearance) that may work for you, too, if you aren't looking for something frilly and elaborate. Another way to find a simple gown is to open yourself to bridesmaid styles (in some shade of white) instead of a 'bridal gown' per se.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was surprised to find that Catan's actually has some decently priced dresses. Also I suggest looking at Alfred Angelo dresses. While up front the dresses seem really steep they have sales A LOT and if you can afford a bit of a drive you can head to the Boardman Ohio shop, I constantly get coupons for 300 dollars off of bridal gowns.

Vacation
  • missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this may sound crazy, but there are TONS of people selling dresses on Craigslist.  Many of them are brand new and are cheap.  If you are willing to buy from someone local and not from a store you might want to check there.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out that there will be a Brides Against Breast Cancer 'Making Memories' gown sale March 25-27, 2010 at the Radisson hotel Cleveland Eastlake. More info here:
    http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-events/bridal-show/brides-against-breast-cancer-charity-gown-sale-cleveland-oh-eastlake/678cab5e1ce4cf4b.html
    VIP sale is on the 25th, then on Fri 3/26 and Sat. 3/27 it's open free to the public. There will be gowns discounted up to 70% off, as well as accessories (veils, tiaras, etc). Proceeds from the sale go toward breast cancer research.

Gown donations (2006 and newer) will also be accepted, if anyone out there is looking to donate their gown to a worthy cause and get a tax write-off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Dora's Bridal in Fairview- and the price of the dress in the store was the same as the least expensive place I saw it online (and nearly $200 less than the place I tried it on at in Columbus).

I tried to use www.anythingbridal.com,  but they required more than five months to avoid doing a rush order.  I know someone who found a dress at some fancy shop at Legacy Village,  and Anything Bridal found the same dress for over $500 less.  She also got the bridesmaids dresses through them, for about $50 off per dress!  I think they now have a store as well, in Broadview Heights.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are located but there is Sharon's bridal in downtown amherst on Park Ave. She has alot of discounted dresses.
    228 Summonedimage 29 Ready to Partyimage 7 Missing the funimage 192 MIA image
  • edited December 2011
    My mom just text me and told me about the bridal room in elyria. she said a girl at work told her they are going out of business in a few months and are selling all of the dresses on the floor for cheap. they have all diff. sizes.

also, try a place that carries Mary's bridal, Mori Lee, or Davinci. All three designers have great dresses and I found that they are decently priced and great quality.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mariascearsmariascears member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have one for sale $400 never worn or altered, its a size 8, i just changed my mind on the style.  If you go to Davids bridal and search style T9513 you will see it, let me know if you are interested!!!
  • edited December 2011
    make the trip to Universe Brides in Coshocton, OH. So worth the trip and try to get an appt with Sandi. I found a gorgeous dress and Sandi spent 4 hours with me helping me pick it out. My dress is actually 799. Tons of dresses at that price point and lower... you can even buy the samples for a discount. they are a dream to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards