California-Los Angeles

Outdoor Budget Friendly Wedding Venues in Southern CA

Help! I just got engaged and we are aiming for a late spring/summer wedding in 2010 (btw April-Aug). I desperately want to get married outdoors in a pretty garden setting. I was thinking somewhere OUTSIDE of the Los Angeles area (hopefully will be cheaper). My family is from Thousand Oaks so a venue around there would be great...but I am open to any ideas!! We're thinking about 100 guests, so it will be small and intimate. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks so much! :-)

Re: Outdoor Budget Friendly Wedding Venues in Southern CA

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Clarke Estate. It's in the city of Santa Fe Springs, which is in the Los Angeles area. It's a beautiful venue that allows for an outdoor wedding and reception. It's pretty affordable so you might wanna check there. HTH!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • GinaBean3GinaBean3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip!!!! :-)
  • erika13parrerika13parr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd the Clarke Estate!!  I was married there this past June. You can bring in your own vendors, so it allows you to shop around.  You can check out pics from my wedding below.  Good luck on your search!!
  • csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went wine tasting at the Malibu Family Winery and someone there mentioned that they have had receptions and stuff either there or across the street. It was REALLY pretty and right up the road from Calamigos
  • edited December 2011
    You should look into Hartley Botanica in Simi Valley; there's Rancho De Las Rosas, Rancho De Las Palmas in Moorpark;  Maravilla Gardens in Camarillo, Camarillo Ranch, Bella Victorian Vineyard. All these venues are within Thousand Oaks. Also some of these places allow for outside catering. They each have a website for you to look into. Hope this helps. And congratulations on your engagement!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • dorotheagoodorotheagoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Puddingstone Resort in San Dimas next May. Just google 'puddingstone wedding' and it will pop up. The website has pretty tacky weddings on it but if you actually see the location in person it it is beautiful - overlooking a lake and almost foreset like. They have two different sites or you can use both. It is really a blank canvas with hardly any limitations or retstrictions except no large live bands. You can bring in any vendors you want. I'm kinda going all out but I think 100 people for around 12k is totally doable there which I consider very cheap for LA. They also have special budget packages that you could look into that are very inexpensive.Believe me, I know it can be hard to find an affordable outside venue in LA that doesn't have tons of limitations or book years in advance. I was pulling my hair out until I found this place.Good luck.
  • Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, another ventura county knottie! I feel like a broken record and didn't even get married there, but try McCormick Ranch in Camarillo. Everything can be brought in, so you can budget what you need. They have a garden area for the ceremony that's well kept up as well. Ha, we had a few more than your guest count, and I thought it was far from intimate - I had trouble getting around to see everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards