California-Los Angeles
Options

365 to go!

Just wanted to share my excitement! Today hit our 1 year mark. 6 months ago he gave me this beautiful ring and time sure does fly.... WOW! 1 year till I'm a Mrs. :) I know, I know, it's still some time but when we least expect it, it will be here right in front of us. I'm just happy :) Never did I think it would be this bloody HOT though. Man, 100 degrees! So since we are looking into similar weather, do you think maybe offering our guest bottled water for the ceremony would be good idea?? Putting them in metal pails with ice and personalized bottle water??? Just felt like sharing. Hope everyone has a cool and safe weekend :)

Re: 365 to go!

• Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! That's so exciting. I remember when we were at one year out. :)I don't know if it's usually this hot around this time of year. According to a few websites I just googled. The average temperature in September is some where around 70-80ish. You could always just wait until a week of two before the wedding and see how the weather looks. But I wouldn't worry about gathering stuff like that for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I've never remembered this time of year being so HOT! Yeah you are right just wait. I just got this mental picture of my living room filled with water for a year hahaha no we'd have to wait 'till we get closer to the date :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even though you still have a lot of time - if it is in your budget - why not - I think it is a cute idea.  I'm planing on doing the same thing for my bridal shower - which isn't for months too :-)
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Khimes7Khimes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! When we hit our one year mark, we went down to our venue (a yacht) and had brunch in Newport Harbor. It was so fun! I think the water bottle idea is cute! You have time so you can buy the bottles one pack at a time and work on them over a couple months. Myweddinglabels.com has water bottle labels...we got some personalized wine bottle labels from them and they look really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! That is so awesome. When we hit our 1 year till we went wine tasting with some of our wedding party. FI called it our "Pre-naversary" It was awesome and I swear it feels like that was just a few months ago. It does go by fast so strap in cause this ride is about to go much faster!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Time sure goes by fast doesn't it. I think the water bottle idea is great! Im going to add some to the OOT bags. I found some great templates online so it doesn't look too complicated to do.
  • Options
    Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HOW EXCITING!!!! Since we changed our date ours is still a couple weeks away, but I'm so excited to start saying we are only a year away.  Do you have any plans?Your getting married at the odyssey right? ahhh we went there for our one year married anniversary and to think that was 5 yrs ago goodness time does fly. I need to get on the ball. CONGRATS and happy planning  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards