California-Los Angeles
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Q

Do ushers and sig others of bridal party get invited to rehearsal dinnner?  TIA!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Q

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is up to you, I have heard of ushers & significant others getting invited as well as OOT guests, but you can also limit it to only the wedding party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our groomsmen doubled as our ushers, and we definitely invited the whole bridal party and all their significant others! every wedding i've been in the bridal partys significant others are invited to the rd.
  • Options
    meghanerhartmeghanerhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im stuck on this one too :( Its not that i dont want s/o's there but this wedding has been out of control $ wise so we really want to do a small RD, Like BP and parents only. There's a big difference between paying for dinner for 12 people vs 24 too... ehkk... I'd like to see everyones opinion too, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every wedding party that I've been in, whether apart of or the S/O, they ahve always been invited.  We plan on inviting S/O and our ushers as well.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figure anyone who is part of the ceremony is invited to the dinner. I would invite ushers to the dinner because they are part of the ceremony in my mind. I would also invite S/O's just to be nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have ushers, but we invited all OOT guests who were there (which was basically all of our families), and the significant others of the bridal party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When $$ is tight, I think people understand. What about having a rehearsal party instead of dinner? I think heavy appetizers and wine/beer are less expensive than sit down dinner. That's what we do at our work fundraiser to save money, and nobody leaves hungry. But yeah, I think it's weird to invite one half of a couple to something and not the other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you... typically all members of wedding party (including ushers) as well as significant others are invited. We did not have any ushers so that was not an issue but our sig others were invited. My sis was in a wedding and her hubby was not invited... kind of strange. We both felt like they should have chosen a less expensive venue (RD was $60/p/pp and allowed sig others to attend.... however if it is completely not in the budget and you have an understanding wp... it's really YOUR wedding and your rehearsal dinner! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards