California-Los Angeles
Options

Beach Rentals as a Venue

Hi Ladies!

My guy and I are on the very beginning stages of planning but we really want to have as much freedom as possible which is why we thought renting a beach house for the weekend could be a good idea. We are thinking either Santa Monica or Malibu. Does anyone have any helpful ideas about searching for places-other than just google-ing or going on rental websites...i.e. knowing someone who did this or actually looking into this yourselves?

Thanks!

Re: Beach Rentals as a Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the EXACT same idea, and found out quickly that is was way too expensive for me and had quite a few restrictions.

I looked places up on VRBO and contacted owners, but many of them wanted a $10,000 site fee. I then contacted a company that deals especially with estate weddings (forget the name, but I think if you google estate wedding it will come up) and they had similar site fees.

If you have a large enough budget to accomodate these high site fees then go for it! A couple of things to mention about Malibu specifically: All events have to end at 10pm, and you'll have to hire valet parking services because parking is so limited. You may also need to rent bathrooms since Malibu isn't on city sewage lines.

You might want to look into the Enchanted Sea Cottage, as it has AMAZING beach/ocean views but is also a hotel so your guests can stay there. It is quite pricey though.

Good luck!
  • Options
    chickme7chickme7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! You brought up a lot of good points!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards