California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Do you go tanning?  Salon or lay out?  How often?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• edited December 2011
    No not lately - luckily for me I went once and it never went away SmileLaughingWinkTongue out
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! When I saw that you responded to this on the main page I was like, this has got to be good!

I used to tan all the time when I lived in FL, mostly outdoor.  Since I've come to LA it's like my body rejects the sun.  I used to never burn and now it seems like I do every time I'm in the sun, even with lotion.  And I get these bumps, kind of like a rash, if I go to a tanning salon.

I tried a spray tan once and it was ok but the smell of it made me so nauseous and I couldn't shower for at least six hours.  Eww.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never gone to a tanning salon, but I do want to try it sometime. I usually just tan at the beach. Sometimes I over do it but I still love it. I <3 the sun :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love tanning @ the beach!!!!

But have NEVER gone to a tanning booth....I as well try those spray tanning things AWFUL smell!!!!!
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always lay out in the summer.  I only went to the tanning salon before a friend's wedding & my own.  I would like to go in the winter, but just never seem to.

Funny story:
    When I was tanning for my friend's, I never really went much before and wasn't thinking things through... I would put the towel down under my head & tan away.  Well like visit # 2 or 3, I didn't realize where I put the towel and I was laying on it!  It made a diagonal tan line across the top of my back!!!  I was freaking out and tried everything to fix it as she had strapless dresses picked out for us!!!  I got it better, but still had a stupid line across my back!  (Oh, & I had short hair at the time, so there was no hiding it that way!!!)  : /
  • edited December 2011

Never been to the Tanning salons, dont think I ever will.
    Have tried tanning by laying out, and it does not work for ME =/
    I think the sun is afraid of my WHITE plae Legs!!!

• edited December 2011
    Never been to a salon or done spray tan/lotions.  I usually leave my tanning for summers at the beach and just lay out for a few hours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm tanning at a salon for the next 2 months before my wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprised that so many people still tan considering how bad it is for our skin.

I get moles pretty frequently and have to get them checked every 6 months.  Every once in a while the derm. has to biopsy and send them to the lab.  On two occasions they have come back "irregular" from the lab, so they have to cut even further to remove the rest of the cells in the area.  It hurts like heck, and I kid you not, the one on my stomach looks like I was mauled by a bear.

I was heartbroken a couple months before my wedding because they had to remove one on my upper back, and my dress didn't cover it.  Luckily, my derm who was aware of the situation did extra small stitches and we did a little extra preventative care on it and my makeup artist was able to remove the redness on my wedding day.

I never lay out, and even when we took our trips to Maui the last 2 summers I pretty much wore a t-shirt the entire time if I was going to be out for a while.  

My skin is pretty fair (actually pink ;-)  ), so I use Bare Escentuals Faux Tan and it works wonders for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear sunscreen all the time! I am pretty fair and like the PP I've had moles removed for "pre -cancer" precautions. 

I used to tan (in a tanning bed) when I lived in Washington, but a lot of that was due to the fact that it was so grey and cold.

Sometimes, FI will spray me down with the at home spray or I will go to the salon and get a sprayed down. I really like how it turns out when a person spray you down. Some of them will even come to your house!

As far as the sun and the tanning beds...I stay far away from them!!!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Nope. I was rocking SPF 100 all summer long. I didn't want ANY tan lines for my wedding. I normally wear SPF 30 on my face, too.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards