California-Los Angeles
Options

STUMPED - Bridesmaids and Groomsmens gifts

Hey everyone!

My FI and I are soo stumped on what to get as gifts. We wanted to steer away from the more standard and traditional gifts of necklaces, bracelets, watches and personalized stuff. BUT come to realize (after reading other boards here on the knot) that shopping for them as if it's their birthday is the best gift.....but for most of our bridal party that would just turn out to be super expensive. 

Do you guys have any ideas? 

HELP! =(

Re: STUMPED - Bridesmaids and Groomsmens gifts

• Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were the same way.  DH ended up getting the guys the green DC shoes they were wearing in the wedding and the traditional engraved flask.  I ended up getting them a personalized shopping tote, like the reusable ones all the stores have (off of etsy.com) and filled it with different items like the Lola hand painted wine glass that suited each gal, candles, among a few other little things.  I was like you and really wanted it to be special and nothing came around by the time I needed to get them, so I went with that... :/  I thought at the very least they can use the bags when they get groceries! 

I know some gals got coupons for the Coach wristlets and got them at the Coach outlet.  Other than that, I've got nothin'!  GL!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The gifts don't have to be expensive, just something personal.  You guys know your BP best so the advice of shopping like it's their birthdays is the best I can do.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, what do they like? You can get them movie tickets, concert tickets, sporting event tickets, GCs to restaurants, stores, itunes. Their favorite movies or TV shows on DVD. Cute purses.

i'm getting wine or beer glasses with a bottle for the WP members. The girls are also going to the spa with me and I'm paying for massages, manis and pedis.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH got his GM really nice pocket knives and I got my BM beach bags filed with beach towels that fit thier personalities, matching flip flops, aloe, and yummy chapsticks.  A nice card too!  That's important.
  • Options
    RachA03RachA03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Those are all good ideas and give me a better idea of what other brides are doing =)

Still shopping! Wish me luck

Thanks so much!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea to shop like it's their birthday, but yes, can be really expensive.  This is what I did:
    Bridesmaids-
    - I made them crystal and pearl earrings and necklaces
    - travel pouches (our wedding was out of town)
    - a cute reusable shopping bag (each one was different)
    - a wrap to match their dresses to keep them warm during the reception

Groomsmen-
    - Each got different handmade cufflinks from etsy
    - Each got a different tie to wear for the wedding

Moms/Dad-
    - I made the Moms pearl bracelets
    - Dad got a tie to wear for the wedding
    - they all got a wedding album I made on Shutterfly

Flowergirl-
    -I made her a t-shirt that said "Flower Girl" in rhinestones
    -pearl bracelet and necklace for the wedding

Ringbearers-
    - a toy
    - bowties for the wedding
  • Options
    RachA03RachA03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing all that with such detail...so helpful :)

I came across this site when browsing a wedding mag: http://www.dogeared.com/

Has anyone heard any reviews on these necklaces? Good quality? Good responses from the BMs? 

Thanks!

Rachel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards