California-Los Angeles

Average Price Per Person for South Bay Weddings

Hi ladies,

I just want to get a baseline of pricing and was hoping you guys could help me out. For all inclusive packages (ceremony, reception, catering, some alcohol, cake, coordinator), what rates have you been seeing in the South Bay area?

I'm afraid I will go into sticker shock if I'm not adequately prepared...

Thanks in advance for any help or insight! And Happy Memorial Day!

Re: Average Price Per Person for South Bay Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I am not having an all inclusive wedding...my venue just does the site fee and food so my cake, flowers, photgrapher will be seperate.  If I had t to guess, my wedding will probably come out to about $200 per head. The site fee and food and alcohol alone gets me to about $100...so I am guessing on the other stuff. Plus, if you do favors on the place settings.  I am guessing that is like $5 or $10 per person.

It is a bit more than I wanted to spend but my venue (The Long Beach Museum of Art) is on the beach and in an amazing historic building and I honestly think the price is pretty reasonable for the amazing view. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TeamCCTeamCC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your response. Your venue looks gorgeous! Do you mind saying how many guests you'll be having?

We're trying to cap ours at 130. Just doing the possible math makes my brain hurt.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure how many guests we will have because we are still working on the list but I am thinking between 130-190 depending if out of town people are coming and if families are bringing their kids or not.  I am also toying with the idea of a "no kids" wedding to cut the list but I have some cousins that are like 15 or 16 years old that I would be fine with attending.
  • edited December 2011
    I am interested in finding the average price as well for South Bay weddings. Why do we live in such an expensive area?
  • edited December 2011
    Manhattan Beach and Palos Verdes are more expensive than San Pedro and Long Beach....so keep that in mind when looking.
  • edited December 2011
    South bay is incredibly expensive!  The cheapest all inclusive I found was $15000 for 100 people at the Redondo Beach Historic Library.  Ceremong ws $1500-2000 extra.  The base cost covered the reception, food, basic hosted bar, DJ and cake.  For the bar it included beer and wine, but you could upgrade the alcohol for $6-8 per person.  Also, over 100 people is $72 per person.  We ended up booking at a venue in Camarillo called Wedgewood at Sterling Hills golf course.  It's farther away but includes almost Everything - ceremony, reception, food, alcohol, cake, dj, minister...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards