California-Los Angeles

Caterer

Hi Ladies, 

I'm in the midst of trying to line up a caterer for our big day... 
The ceremony is in a church and the reception is on the beach in the Pacific Palisades.  
Anyone have recommendations for a decently priced caterer?  Thus far we are thinking: buffet style, chicken and fish with salad, grilled vegetables, and some sort of potato, and bread.  
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Re: Caterer

• edited December 2011
    We are using East Side Marios. They are a restaurant located in Lakewood,CA. I think prices are reasonable. We are serving 3 appetizers, tri tip and chicken, pasta, salad with bread. They include white linens for all your tables and also lemonade, tea. I believe they also have a fish meal. Danielle has been great to work with and answers all your questions. If you have any more questions on them let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Call up Fidel.  He does awesome catering for a great price with various menu items.  He works out of his house.  He will set up a food tasting out of his house.  310-713-2060.  He helped me budget that into my 10k wedding budget for well over 200 guests.  His speciality is chicken!  He is known in the area as the Chicken Man!  
  • edited December 2011
    Here is his price list.  He used to work at big name restaurants. 
    Price list

1.Grilled Chicken......................................$6.50pp
               inculdes rice,beans,salsa and tortillas.
    2.BBQ Ribs..............................................$10.50pp
    3.Beef (Carne Asada)................................$8.00pp
    4.Tri Tip.................................................$10.00pp
    5.Shrimp Kabob........................................$11.00pp
    6.Salmon................................................$11.00pp
    7.Shrimp Ceviche......................................$10.00pp

Combos
    Chicken and Beef (Carne Asada)...............$9.50ppBeef and Ribs........................................$10.50ppChicken and Ribs....................................$10.00pp 
    Side Orders
      Caesar Salad........................................$2.00pp  Potato Salad.........................................$2.00pp  Curly Pasta...........................................$2.25pp 
    Drinks
    Iced Tea.................................................$1.50ppCoffee....................................................$1.50ppLemonade................................................$1.50pp 
            *We also feature fruit platters****
               (please ask for details)

*50 people min order
    *pp= per plate
    *Far distance trips: extra charge 

• platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the godmother for catering?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards