California-Los Angeles

Update on Venue Situation

Well ladies, I got a phone call this afternoon from the guy I was dealing with at Fantasea Yachts.

He informed me that he had given our file to the general manager and the owner of the company and they would be getting back to me via email shortly.

Clearly this guy wanted to wash his hands because he didnt want to be the bearer of bad news.

We will be losing $1000. If and when they book our date and time, then we will receive the other $1500 back.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad...I am at a loss of words right now and cant find the strangth in myself to stop crying.

We dont really have money to leave for a deposit elsewhere so unless someone will work with us in regards to our depost, we are screwed!

Here I am only 8 months away from my big day and have NOTHING secure...NOTHING!!!

This is TERRIBLE!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Update on Venue Situation

• edited December 2011
    I am so sorry!  I've been right where you are.  I had a wedding all planned in one city and due to some other events, ended up moving it to a whole other city and location.  Hang it there.  I know it is so hard and frustrating!  I'm sending Knottie vibes your way and hope things work out for you as they did for my DH and I.  After all of the stress, worry, and planning, everything ended up as it was meant to be and we had a beautiful day.  Your big day will be the same! :)
  • Trista <3Trista <3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry, I hope someone takes you're spot so you can get your money back.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  I am sending out the vibes your way!  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

sooo sorry about whats going on. Wishing all turns out the way you want it!

• edited December 2011
    So sorry about this, hope everything turns out for the best! 

{{Knottie vibes}}
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear about this. =[ I know EXACTLY how you feel.  FI and I had our original date in the beginning of this year and had the venue, caterer, dj booked and were 2 days away from booking our photographer when a horrible incident happened and we were forced to change the budget, date, venue and guest count because we wouldnt be able to afford our original one. even worse we were out of all our deposits.  It took us a while to bounce back and it took me a loooong time to get over it.  I know it's hard but try to stay focused and I would really say to try to keep the happy spirit.  I lost that happiness for a while because i was so sad.  Everything will be okay.
    You have my e-mail if you need to talk it out. =]
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry that you are having a hard time with the venue.  Did you find another one that you wanted to book?   If you do get your deposit back that is amazing but I wouldn't count on it as most deposits are non-refundable. I am sending you good vibes.  Hope everything works out in the end! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know i'm a stranger and i am not sure if this is anything consoling but the challenges you are facing will all work out just keep your chin up and your spirits high as possible
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards