California-Los Angeles
Options

Centerpiece thoughts--opinions wanted

Okay, so my biggest challenge with regards to decor with our wedding is our centerpiece flowers/reception decor and overall theme(which is kind of like an echanted garden/enchated forest theme).

Assembly and flower cost is not the issue really.  However ease of transport and time to set up is.

My initial plan was 15 centerpieces for roughly 15 tables(depending on final guest count).  5 would be low with hurricanes(basically a flower wreathe around a hurricane lamp which I already have), 5 slightly taller ones roughly around 20" (a flower dish on a glass pedistal, and then another 5 even taller ones(same thing only 36").

Now I am wondering if the KISS(keep it simple stupid) is a better approach.  In the spring time I could just as easily go to my favorite local grocery store flower department and get nice potted plants that fall into my color scheme.  Sweet, simple, and almost no work involved(and guests could take them home without any big loss).

Then there are these really cute swan vases I saw at the local florist, that I found online:
 http://www.etherealdecor.com/media/images/products/clear-glass-swan-vase.jpg

They aren't that expensive at all, and wouldn't require alot of flowers or work.  Any thoughts?

Re: Centerpiece thoughts--opinions wanted

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so my biggest challenge with regards to decor with our wedding is our centerpiece flowers/reception decor and overall theme(which is kind of like an echanted garden/enchated forest theme).

Assembly and flower cost is not the issue really.  However ease of transport and time to set up is.

My initial plan was 15 centerpieces for roughly 15 tables(depending on final guest count).  5 would be low with hurricanes(basically a flower wreathe around a hurricane lamp which I already have), 5 slightly taller ones roughly around 20" (a flower dish on a glass pedistal, and then another 5 even taller ones(same thing only 36").

Now I am wondering if the KISS(keep it simple stupid) is a better approach.  In the spring time I could just as easily go to my favorite local grocery store flower department and get nice potted plants that fall into my color scheme.  Sweet, simple, and almost no work involved(and guests could take them home without any big loss).

Then there are these really cute swan vases I saw at the local florist, that I found online:
     http://www.etherealdecor.com/media/images/products/clear-glass-swan-vase.jpg

They aren't that expensive at all, and wouldn't require alot of flowers or work.  Any thoughts?

• Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The swans are pretty, but what you initially had planned sounds more dramatic and beautiful

but thats just my opinion :)

GL
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The swans are nice BUT I think the original plan seems like a BETTER idea! Yes may take some more work but I think the end project will  be amazing!

GL in your choice!
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the swan but I think it may be too simple. I really like what you have already planned.

If you really want the swans, perhaps you can place them on the food table, the gift table, something...but not the centerpieces.

Just my opinion...HTH!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with Ty, the swans are really cute but maybe you can incorporate them somewhere else. i would also think that they may be a bit more delicate and harder to transport because of their shape. anyhow, you should go with what you want. hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing potted orchids for our centerpieces....in part because we are getting married the weekend of valentines day, and in part because we thought it would be nice for guests to be able to take flowers home that would stay alive :)

We have gotten incrediblly positive feedback about the idea from friends and family, although I am sure it will not be as dramatic as what we had intially planned (similar to yours).  I say go with whichever one you think will better reflect you and your fiancees personality :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the potted plants idea. Seems very eco-friendly and as a guest, that's the only CP I'd actually want to take home with me!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    dorotheagoodorotheagoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi!

My wedding is also an enchated forest type of theme. i am doing scatered vases in various sizes with only a few flowers or greenery in each so it gives it a more earthy feeling- really textured i guess. kinda like this-

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0020999/large_image.jpg

but a bit more scattered and on retangular tables.

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards