California-Los Angeles
Options

been a while...but please help me find this knottie

So I have been MIA from the boards ever since I started this new job which keeps me extremely busy.  But I can't complain after 6 months of no work. 

I am coordinating my friends wedding in May and she needs help finding a hair makeup artist.  She's a black girl so I don't think my stylist is experienced enough in that arena to recommend her. 

I was telling her about the knottie who did the movie themed wedding and her hair looked like Alicia Keys.  What was her name?????  I am completely drawing a blank.  And does anyone have her email?  I just remember how beautiful she looked. 

Or if anyone has any good recommendations I (and she) would appreciate it.  Also, what's Renee in Stitches info?

Re: been a while...but please help me find this knottie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    July,
    Are you thinking of kcliveoutloud?
    Finally a Mrs! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are speaking of 
    kcliveoutloud

here is her bio

I'm still looking for her email
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!  You girls are good!  I was having the hardest time thinking of her screenname.  Thanks! 

How has everyone been?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome.
    How are you?? I haven't really talked to you since I picked up the vases. Been scuba diving yet this year?
    I am waiting til the weather warms up a little so I can take lessons and get certified! Then we can dive together. :)
    How's then new job treating you?
    Finally a Mrs! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Renee in Stitches phone number is 818.222.4434. 
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been great.  I actually rang in the new year scuba diving.  We went up to Monterey Bay with a huge group of friends and all went diving for 3 days.  We dive in dry suits though so it's much warmer than a wetsuit. 
    Then a group of us girls went out to Catalina for an all girls dive weekend last week.  You could be part of the girl's dive club as soon as you get ceritified!!!!  Just a little motivation for you! 

The new job is great.  LOVE my manager!  She is a blast to work with and everyone on my sales team has been amazing.  It's just a lot of work, fun work though. 
    So between diving, new job, and helping my friend plan her wedding I have had time for very little knotting!  I spy every now and then but haven't reaaly had time to post anything good. 

And I just want to say that everytime I see your siggy sweetpea I think "wow what an awesome dress!"  when is your wedding date? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Monterey sounds really exciting. I have been dying to go to Catalina too... i hear it's really beautiful. Aww man! Now I definitely have to get certified!  Money is the one little hiccup right now, but  I am working on it.
    I am glad you are enjoying your new job. How exciting!  Sounds like you've been a very busy woman. And congrats to your friend. Is she getting married in Long Beach too?
    I haven't been on the knot in a long while. Just started posting again recently. I've been so caught up with alot of other things that aren't even wedding-related.

Thank you :) and I finally found a better picture of it online. It's on my bio. It makes me even more excited!
    We FINALLY picked our place: The Odyssey in Granada Hills. It gives us the most bang for our buck and it was in the price range. We just have to nail down the wedding date as soon as we hear from the immediate family if May 7th of next year is feasible. *crossing fingers* it is.
    Keep in touch. I enjoy talking to you. You still have my email right?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I have her email at work - if you don't get it by tomorrow i can send it to you.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just in case - her email is her knot name at hotmail dot com.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A great stylist for your friend is Keyonna Tillman.  She works at Capella Salon in Studio City. 
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for her email dawn. 
    And thanks Boston for the recommendation.  I'll have her check her out. 

Sweetpea - I do still have your email.  Whenever you finally get the funds together to do the scuba thing let me know.  I know it gets pricey.  It sounds like your wedding plans are coming along.  It's nice that you have so long to plan everything.  I sometimes wish we had more time before ours but at the same time I probably would have just made things bigger and bigger and they were perfect the way the were. 

My friend is getting married in Long Beach.  The wedding will be at a church in Belmont Shore and then the reception is at the Betty Reckas (spelling?) Center.  It's going to be a big shin dig.  Her Bridal Shower is bigger than our wedding was!  She's nuts but I'm helping her hold it together. 

Happy planning everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    july-
    I've been saving so I can take lessons this summer. I want the water to be as warm as possible.
    Have fun with your friend's wedding. I can't wait til my friends get married so I can help them plan.
    There are some days when I am so happy I had two years, and some days when I just want to get it over with already!!! I've still got a year and two months so I feel good about the time right now. The thing I like most about the length is all the DIY I get to do. I spent a couple months just doing my "Will you be my bridesmaid?" gifts, and the girls loved them!
    I promise you will be the FIRST person I email when I get certified. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards