California-Los Angeles

Santa Barbara Mission

Does anyone know if you can get married at the Santa Barbara Mission? I think they have a ceremony location called the Rose Garden. I'm asking for a friend.

If so, does anyone know the price details?

TIA!

Re: Santa Barbara Mission

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about the mission, but you can get married at the courthouse there.  If I didn't get married where I did, I totally would have gotten married at the courthouse.  It's beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You can get married at the mission but if you want to do it "at the Rose Garden" keep in mind that the city doesn't let you do it in the actual Rose Garden, rather, you have to have your ceremony right next to it.

• Jill102310Jill102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm  getting married in October at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum.  Have you checked that out  yet?  It sure feels and looks like a mission.  Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    I think to actually get married IN the mission, like in the chapel, you have to go through the church (since it is still a functioning Catholic church), but to get married at The Rose Garden, you can reserve it  through Santa Barbara parks service.  http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/parks/parks_passive_main.html

Also, like Jill said, the Historical Society is beautiful and definitely has that old Santa Barbara feel 

Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure about the SB mission, but I know you can get married at the mission in Ventura.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards