Ohio-Northeast
Options

East Side Ceremony Musicaians

So i just found out that my church's choir and pianist  ( and priest but thats another story) will be in europe the week of my wedding. I need to find ceremony musicans and a vocalist who has done a full catholic mass before. Can any one give me some recommendations? The wedding is on the east side in Chagrin Falls.TIA!

Re: East Side Ceremony Musicaians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not call around to other churches? Churches in the areaSt. Anslems in ChesterlandSt. Francis of Assisi in Gates Mills (my church)St. Helens in NewburySt. Pascals in Highland HeightsSt. Clares in Lynhurst
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EricadefEricadef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at the St Francis Chapel, which is a Roman Catholic chapel at John Carroll University in University Heights. You should ask their Campus Ministry department (who handles the weddings), for a referral, and also ask their Director of Liturgical Music. Their contact info is on JCU's wedding webpagewww.jcu.edu/campusministry/liturgy/weddings.htm
  • Options
    imkaleigh63imkaleigh63 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to be in music ministry.....I would call the "music director" from YOUR church and get a recommendation from them.  It is a little less stressful to know that the musicians are familiar with the church, especially the sound system.  I played in a few churches and knew where to go to turn on mics, power supplies, etc.  Several of my friends "float" to more than one church.Once you find musicians, you should still have time to see them "live" at a mass, which is the best way to hear how someone REALLY performs.HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards