California-Los Angeles

LA area (not a hotel) venue with accommodations for 100 guests?

First knot post!

My fiancee and I are planning on getting married in the Los Angeles area (spring 2013) which means that our families will be flying in from the midwest and east coast. We'd like to make this wedding as easy on the guests as possible (after the whole fly across the country thing) so we're looking for retreats,estate rentals, or anything else that would allow guests to show up to one place and spend the weekend there. 

I realize that hotels are the easy solution to this issue, but we're trying to look around before committing to that. I know Temescal Canyon has dorms and that's a good start. Any tips?

Re: LA area (not a hotel) venue with accommodations for 100 guests?

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try vrbo.com .. Vacation Rental by Owner. You might find something that would work.
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the sportsmen's lodge in studiocity
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AtomicjonesAtomicjones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I have looked at the Sportsmen's Lodge and may do so again (that's where Jim and Pam from The Office really had their reception.)  I'll check out vrbo now!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Quiet Canon!  It's a nice venue with great facilities and a hotel on site.  It's where I would have had my wedding if we were staying local.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_la-area-not-hotel-venue-accommodations-100-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:e77f45e7-74ca-42f5-a154-6da394b7e53dPost:c41632b3-20ec-4a4e-af1c-ef90d50ac460">Re: LA area (not a hotel) venue with accommodations for 100 guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try the sportsmen's lodge in studiocity
    Posted by joysyear[/QUOTE]

<strong>I've attended a wedding here and it was very nice!  :)  Another great option!  ;)</strong>
  • AtomicjonesAtomicjones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Checking them all out :)
  • edited December 2011
    Try La Venta Inn in Palos Verdes, no attached hotel but plenty of them nearby. 
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_la-area-not-hotel-venue-accommodations-100-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:e77f45e7-74ca-42f5-a154-6da394b7e53dPost:a0795d22-3969-448d-8284-f9fc27075e34">Re: LA area (not a hotel) venue with accommodations for 100 guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! I have looked at the Sportsmen's Lodge and may do so again (that's where Jim and Pam from The Office really had their reception.)  I'll check out vrbo now!
    Posted by Atomicjones[/QUOTE]
    That's hilarous I love the office
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • arfiezyarfiezy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Old Pasadena, we are  using Pandora On Green. Wonderful, simple, superb location unless you expect 100 cars - in which case there surely are several garages in addition to street/lot parking.

Older single floor industrial building painted totally white, windows on 3 sides & large skylight overhead - so daylighting is great.

Wheelchair / walker accessible totally.

Best wishes!
  • arfiezyarfiezy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, our total of 125+ include about 2/3 outoftown guests, all stayed in Courtyard Marriott for convenience. Of course its accommodations are top notch - service, everything covered without having to ask, etc. Probably more expensive than average (I'm not a paying guest).

I know the Travelodge down on El Pico Ave. is what it is, but it is convenient to lots of places people want/need to be and is near transit & on bus routes right outside. Probably more inexpensive than average - I had superb & kind responsive service from the front desk one day even though I was not to stay there, nor staying there at that time. Have no idea as to their capacity all-at-one period...

Best Wishes, again!
  • edited December 2011
    Try calamigos Equestrian
  • www.gardensofpardise.com book and you get planner she is awesome plus bring in own vendors including catering fab location waterfall lagoons really beatiful.  We are excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards