California-Los Angeles
Options

Flowers in Los Angeles

Hello,

I am supposed to go research flower options this weekend. I know nothing of flowers other than pictures of what I do like. So I am wondering if anyone has location suggestions in the L.A. area. We were thinking of seeing about DIY (decoration/centerpieces) and having bouquets made. We were planning to go downtown. Any other suggestions or advice for this trip. Names, locations, ideas- even if they aren't downtown but in the L.A. area.

I am having a red, black, and white wedding with red being the flowers. My bouquet -roses Bridesmaids- red options centerpieces- small square vase, short red flowers.

Thanks,
K
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers in Los Angeles

• Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of the girls on here have used Commerce Flowers.  They have great prices and great people... 

If you are looking into DIYing it then yes, the flower district would be your choice.  I'm not exactly sure how it works for ordering and stuff, but I'm sure they will let you know.  Also, if you are going to DIY, then I would slowly get the square jars at Michael's and use the 40% off coupons.  I had those for my centerpeices and candy bar. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great. How do I get the 40% off coupons? Are they online? Also is there an option (or are you interested) on the message boards where people sell items they previously used? Like jars and such?

Thanks!!

K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the coupons are always available online... just search michael's coupons and print the current one.  I don't think they let you use more than one in a transaction, but if you just do it over time, you'll have enough.  Also, they have them in the mailers that come (the kind where it is a number of ads from grocery stores and such).

Yeah, there are posts with things people are selling.  Unfortunately, I got rid of all of mine at our last garage sale.  Sorry.  But you could try putting a wanted post out and maybe someone has them and has just not gotten around to posting them yet.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i did my flowers through a florist downtown in the flower district, and was really impressed with what i was able to negotiate:

13 centerpieces
    2 large arrangements that stood on our alter and were moved after the ceremony to the reception entry
    1 tall centerpiec for our guest book table
    bridal bouquet
    1bridesmaid bouquet
    3 boutineers
    18 roses for the cake/ cake table

delivery and set up

under $600

Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    delila3451delila3451 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW - that's a great deal... Do you have contact info for them??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW - that's a great deal... Do you have contact info for them??

ortiz flowers
    630 East 8th Street, Los Angeles, CA
    unit c

the woman i dealt with was Sylvia-
    sorry i don't have the phone number
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my that is great!
    Thanks! I will go there this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    EMVI79EMVI79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just hired Jaclyn from Heavenly Bloom.  SHe isn't the cheapest but her work is pretty awesome.  Check out her site for ideas and meet with her to get a quote.  here's her link:  http://www.heavenlybloomsdesigns.com/

Laura from Petals is a lot less expensive but I just had to hire Heavenly Blooms (feel in love with her stuff), but here's Laura's contact info:  http://www.petalsandlinensbyl.com/
  • Options
    jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you gonna be DIY-ing, defintely try downtown flower district.

If you want a reasonably priced florist who does great work, try Jamie at Wen's Florals:

http://www.wenfloral.com/index2.php
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second the Commerce Flowers suggestion! That's who we're going through and I'm super excited to see the final product! Just to give you an idea, we're getting: 14 centerpieces, 13 boutoniers, bridal bouquet, 7 bridesmaids bouquets, 3 corsages, and alter, cake table, gift table, seating card table, and head table decorations for $1,500. It's a whole lotta flowers and they're also hydrangeas and peonies (sp?). Good luck!
  • Options
    aphrodite_macaphrodite_mac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @cathyandjustyn:  Does the $1500 include set up/delivery and taxes?  I was also planning on going with Commerce flowers and my quote went up to $2000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand.. I just got a quote from Commerce flowers for $1500 and I only have one maid of honor and need only 5 centerpieces for my wedding with 50 guests.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards