Latino Weddings
Options

Luna de Miel.. sigh...

Posted this on the HM board, but I wanted to get my chicas' thoughts here as well. FI and I just decided to expand our hm from 4 days in DR to that, plus 4 days in Nicaragua (these are both his parent's home countries) and 4 days in Belize. Neither of us have been to any of these countries, ever. Wondered if anyone here did any kind of multi-stop travel such as this, how'd it go? Barring that, can anyone reco either some nice resorts in Nica and Belize that offer activities? We'll get our fill of the beach in DR right after the wedding to decompress, but then totally down for ziplining in the jungles and whatnot. We're getting a travel agent eventually but still can't to ask around here.

Re: Luna de Miel.. sigh...

• Options
    eclipz19eclipz19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got this is in my daily candy email a while ago and saved it cause we would like to go sometime. HTH! The Caribbean’s Last Frontier DailyCandy Goes to the Corn Islands, Nicaragua With gorgeous beaches, adventure activities, and a killer exchange rate, Nicaragua is the new Costa Rica. You won’t find five-star resorts or boutiques, but you will find $10 meals and $60 beachfront rooms. And if you prize getting there before the crowds while getting away from it all, you’ve arrived. Paraiso Found Arrive in Managua and turn around: You’ll want to catch the first tiny plane off the mainland. The Corn Islands, off the Atlantic Coast, are two of the last bits of unspoiled paradise in the Caribbean. The culture in Big Corn is more Nicaraguan local than European backpacker. Zip around in a $1 taxi to waterfront bars and homey restaurants. The islands’ most luxurious hotel (king-size beds, infinity pool) is Casa Canada. Relax with a cold Toña (the national cerveza) and a $10 lobster at Anastasia’s on the Sea, the only over-water restaurant on the islands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't stayed in Belize over night (just a cruise) so no rec's from me. BUT I wanted to say that your HM sounds amazing and like it will be ALOT of fun! Enjoy it! Oh and we went on a river ride in Belize and learned alot including that the main language spoken is English! I thought it was Spanish-never knew!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! Gracias for these, they'll def come in hand in the research!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards