Latino Weddings

Presentaciones y datos curiosos

Hi!I was thinking we should all introduce ourselves.I'm getting married January 8, 2011 hopefully at Gurabo, PR.  I don't have anything yet.  But I do have a very clear idea of what we both want, because he has contributed a lot, trust me he has a strong opinion about the wedding stuff, I'm happy for that.  I'm Puerto Rican and I've been with my FH for a little more than a year, though we've known each other for 10 years and we've lived in the same neighborhood for 17 years.  We went to the same college, majored in the same thing and didn't go out until after we graduated.  Now we both moved to the states and we're planning our wedding.We're thinking of going with an elegant Holliday kind of theme, since it'll still be the hollidays in Puerto Rico by when we do the wedding.Hope to get to know all of you!

Re: Presentaciones y datos curiosos

• edited December 2011
    Good idea!  My FI is Guatemalan (but a US citizen for almost 1 year!) but I'm a regular ol' gringa.  We're getting married March 27, 2010.  Our wedding will be Latino just because his huge amazing family will be there - plus we love Latin food, music, whatever!  Oh and the ceremony will be bilingual for his grandparents (pastor in English and his uncle in Spanish for the major parts).We're both late 20's, known each other for about 4 years and dated for over 2.  We just bought a house in the VA burbs outside DC - 10 minutes from his parents!
  • ivelissedivelissed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10 min from his parents?  sound very latino! I think that doing the wedding in both languages sounds very nice. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    FI is 100% PR and I'm an Asian mutt.FI and I will have a 3-day wedding (May 5, 6, and 8 2012) as traditional in my culture (we lost the battle with my family). Our theme is: Dragon ('88) and Rat ('84).Also, the 3-day event will be translated into 3 different languages, crosses into 3 different cities, involves 3 pastors, and involves 6+ dress changes each. It will be very, very complicated. Poor FI.FI and I met while I was still in HS, but never started anything since I was only 14 and he was 18! Once I was 18, we were exclusive. We've been dating for almost 3 1/2 years.
  • edited December 2011
    Hola chica! I am also Puerto Rican and moved to the US un year ago. My FI is american all the way! Our wedding will be in San Juan Puerto Rico, en el Hotel Condado Plaza :) in November of this year. Me gusta tu idea for your wedding, it will be hermosa! Saludos!
  • gianeligianeli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girlsss!!!! Both my fiance and I are venezuelans, well, he has a lot of family from Italy, but he was born and raise here. Yes, here in Caracas, where we met, raised and live... and hopefully will,  if this country's economy crisis allow us.

Anyway, maybe I'm just the only girl that doesn't live in USA that's in thos community! Hehehehe.. I just loove this website, I find it very useful, although I can't use many Shopping advice, registries, etc. But anyway! Oh... BTW I lived in NYC for about 2 years so that's why I'm so always connected to american communities and lifestyle.

Any other Venezolanas por ahí?

PS: We just got engaged this 4th!!! I think I'm still in shock! HeheheLaughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards