Latino Weddings

Hi! I'm new!

Hi all... I am new to this board. I am not Latina but I am marrying a Latino.  We are incorporating a lot of Mexican traditions in our ceremony and reception.  We are also getting married a few days before Dia de Los Muertos.  Just wanted to introduce myself. 
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Hi! I'm new!

• latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi nicoleabrock Welcome, I loved your Bio your wedding will be beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicoleabrocknicoleabrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Latina!
  • edited December 2011
    Nicole I also love your planning bio! Your wedding colors are similar to mine (black and white damask) but insteada of red, I went with teal/aqua. I am also not Latina, but my FI is Latino. Meeting his family was quite daunting, but I love them all and can't wait to be a part of it all. Man, I gotta start doing my planning bio, I've been procrastinating!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mehgan!  Good luck with all of the planning!  And I can't wait to see your bio as you get closer.
  • edited December 2011
    Alrighty, started preliminary bio stuff (linked in my siggy). I'll have to update it more when I get home. I have more recent photos (with my veil) from when I picked my dress up after the alterations were done.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome and happy planning...and yes i agree maggie rocks!!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I like the makeup bags for your bridesmaids.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm new here... and also not Latina! Your wedding is barely one month away! It'll be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello chica, welcome! I also love your bio, great idea and your FI is an awesome artist! best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    Love your bio, your FI is really talented. I also like your scrapbook tin, something I might steal for one of my girls gifts. She's a mega-scrapbooker! Everything looks great. Congrats and welcome!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanl you girls!  We have a little more than a month until the wedding so I will be sure to share pics after it's done!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also new here to the board! I love your planning bio. You have incorporated so many creative ideas. I am also planning a "Hacienda themed" wedding for next fall. I am calling it "Old World Mexico Meets Modern Day Elegance". I am Brazilian and my FI is from Mexico City :). I am not sure if you already have table numbers. But considering your theme, old Spanish style address tiles would look great for the numbers rested on easels. You could pick them up at Olvera Street I am sure.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion HEA123.  We are using Loteria cards as our table numbers.  We tried to pick a card that represents the people at the table. Like our always drunk friends are sitting at El Borracho. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards