Latino Weddings
Options

SAD =[ Bad news kind of long

OK so we went to get our marriage license today since we have to get it no more than 30 days early right? ok well my Fiance is from MEXICO and before we started making plans setting a date and everything we called the county record office and asked what he needs in order for us to get married if hes not from her they said An ORIGINAL COPY OF HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE! ok so we sent for the papers since then we have called 3 time just to make sure thats the only thing he needs! Well we get there today and are ready to apply for the license and the lady says the birth certificate HAS to be in english or he needs a Matricular consular they will accept that so we went to try to get him one and he cant get one because he has no form of id from mexico prooving hes really who he says he is even though he has all the documents. so now idk what to do! he cant go to mexico and get an id bc he wont be able to come back so i think im going to have to go and get one for him! ugh im so panicing right now we dont know to post pone the wedding or what!

Re: SAD =[ Bad news kind of long

• Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you have the birth certificate translated into English and notarized?  Did you ask that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad is from Cuba and he went through the same thing. He just had the birth certificate translated by a company that they recommended and that did the trick. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks! I'm sorry!I was worrying about FI's birth certificate, too. But when I saw his (he was born in Ponce, PR), it was in English and Spanish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Usually they accept the birth certificate with a translation of a certified translator.  My birth certificate is in Spanish too but with the translation and it has been accepted everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I'm surprised. I'm from Mexico too and all they asked me for was my original birth certificate which by the way is in spanish. If he has his passport, they will accept that at the courthouse if not try requesting his birth certificate through your local Mexican embassy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    christinam13christinam13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for all yalls help we actually got an i id for him his mom sent one from mexico and then we went to the consular mexicano in austin and got one made that they accepeted so we got THE MARRIAGE LICENSE YEA!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear everything turned out okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sra.PerezRiosSra.PerezRios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did his mom send a copy of his id that she already had... or did she get a new id.... im in the same boat as you.. fi lost his id from mexico... and we dont know if his mom can get a copy with out him going back home. we do have a notorized / translated copy of his birth cert and a spanish copy. we want to go get his matricular consular id too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards