Latino Weddings

What Kind of music should I play at my wedding?????

I am marrying an amazing man he's white and his family is very uncomfortable  with different things. I really want spanish music at my wedding not rancheras because I really don't like it but something else. I was think salsa and reggaeton but what if its too much for them?? I don't want to make my guest feel uncomfortable especially since his side is going to be more in attendance than mine due to family fueds and most of them being in mexico. Any help??

Re: What Kind of music should I play at my wedding?????

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should have the dj play a mix, change it up every 4-5 songs.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should have a mixture of types of music. I would have a balance of types of  music from latin to american. Speak to your DJ about it and he should know what to play. You should play salsa and reggaeton....it's your day too and you shouldn't worry about what his side will think. Latin music is part of your culture and they need to understand that.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much about it and definitely play some Spanish songs. I would hope that they would accept the fact that this is a part of you culture and understand that. I just wouldn't go with anything like Vicente. Maybe something a little more mainstream in the beginning, like songs they may have heard on American radio, just to get them warmed up or use to the idea of Spanish before you go into the more Latin songs.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, don't worry too much about it.  If you and FI will enjoy Spanish music play some.  I think any DJ could do a mix for you and then everyone is comfortable and enjoys the music!
  • edited December 2011
    I know some songs are in both languages, why not play a few of those to start with, then add more different styles in later. That way they don't feel too lost in the songs and can relate and feel like they know the songs too. After a few drinks they might warm up and start to try to dance a little too :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue, so I'm looking for latin songs in english, that way it feels a little less foreign to them. Some that I'm including:

Juan Luis Guerra: Medicine for my soul, Guavaberry (in english), Senhorita
    Santana
    Carlos Vives: Carito
    Marc Anthony: You sang to me
    Enrique Iglesias: Bailamos

The other route is to pick latin versions of anglo songs. Like there was a tribute to The Beatles that some latin singers made once.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure if anyone is still on this thread, but I am in a similar situation. my FI is from Ireland. We are going to be taking dance lessons and we are hoping to incorporate maybe a salsa dance lesson during the rehearsal dinner to "warm up" the gringos! haha. 
    Good luck! 
    Nat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards