Latino Weddings

Bilingual Officiants in DC

Hello,
Does anyone know of non-denominational bilingual officiants in the DC area?  Both FI and I are protestant, but don't belong to a particular church.  We would like to have some parts of the ceremony in Spanish.  If you have any suggestions, send them my way.

Thanks,
VickyFlor

Re: Bilingual Officiants in DC

• edited December 2011
    I would try your local DC board or talk to people you know in your community.  If you are only wanting parts of your service in each language you could also have an officiate that speaks either English or Spanish, and then have family and friends do prayers, readings and otherwise in their native language.  We are having our officiate in English as we both speak and understand English.  My Spanish is limited, but it is important to both of us that we include Spanish in our ceremony, so we are having a reading and blessing in Spanish as well as the Mexican traditions that we are including will be done in Spanish.  Also, officiate was willing to learn a blessing in Spanish to conclude our ceremony with both English and Spanish. 

Incorporate those you love and it is will be more meaningful and everyone will understand.
  • VickyFlorVickyFlor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind...what reading and blessing have you selected to do in Spanish?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards