Latino Weddings
Options

What song?!?

Every wedding I have gone to they play that song "here comes the bride" Quite honestly I've never been a fan of this song, I was wondering what song to choose from? Can it be any style balad love song without the singing? Or does it have to be classical? '

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What song?!?

• Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can use whatever you want!  We walked in to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  Just make sure your officiant approves of your song choice.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp- you can pick whatever song you want as long as your officiant/church OKs it!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Munkii, that's the song I'm walking down to!  I absolutely love that song.  You can walk down to any song you want.  We are not traditional so all of our songs will be ones that we like.

Also, I found a mariachi version of the bridal march and it sounded great. 
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It definitely doesn't have to be here comes the bride, but what other song you pick depends on where are you getting married. We haven't decided 100% yet, but I think I'll walk to a beautiful song from Christian singer Marcela Gandara. It's called Supe que me amabas (I knew you loved me, for those non Spanish speaking Knotties Wink). We chose a Christian song because we are getting married in a Catholic church, so we can't have a non Christian song. So yes, whatever you want goes, but if your officiant/church is OK with it.
    Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be walking down to Canon in D.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a SoCal Latina and my Boy is from Western KY -- we are both Catholic and the ceremony will be in Kentucky.

That being said, to honor his Southern roots, he will walk down the aisle to a beautiful  country song called "Wild Kentucky Skies" that contains lyrics from the State song "My Old Kentucky Home". 

Once he is at the alter, I will follow with a "Solamente la mano de Dios" by Jose Alfredo Jimenez playing (a song special to my parents--que en paz descansen).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards