Latino Weddings
Options

La Marcha (The Wedding March)

My mom is white and my dad is Hispanic. When they got married they had a traditional Mexican wedding... and my mom really loved this part of her day. She is practically insisting that I do this, since we will have a DJ and a dance floor and everything. The problem is, we don't have wedding party and I believe this dance is typically performed by them. I don't know how we could make this work without a wedding party; also, I'm not quite sure what all this dance entails since it has been a very long time since I've seen it in person. Could someone help me?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: La Marcha (The Wedding March)

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding march is done when the bride and dad walk in
  • Options
    NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When you say wedding party are you talking about bridesmaids, groomsmen? If you are then yes, typically the dance is done with them. But all of the guests are welcome to join in the dance behind them. What is done is you have someone lead the dance, you and your H are behind them. Then if you don't have any attendants your parents and his parents go behind you. Then the rest of the guests go behind them. I'm sure if you google La Marcha you can find directions for the dance.

• Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay thanks. Yeah I wasn't quite sure what the order of people would be since we have no wedding party. Surprisingly there is very little online about the dance, but I did manage to find a few things. Thanks for the responses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards