Latino Weddings
Options

Spanish first dance?

We thought we agreed with a first dance song, but we are now having a mariachi for part of the reception and would like a spanish first dance for them to play. What did you have?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Spanish first dance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this song from the movie "Walk In The Clouds" and the song is called "Mariachi Serenade" I believe it's by Maurice Jarre. It would be perfect for a 1st dance mariachi song. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrfP0G5rIg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about "Hermoso Carino" by VIcente Fernandez?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's another one you should listen to. Very romantic!  It's called "Mi Riqueza Es Este Amor Por Ti" by Pablo Montero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGXbo6tWlE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Music is a monster I have no yet attacked, we just booked our DJ last Friday so up next is ceremony musicians and then I'll have to figure out music for the whole thing - now that seems like a lot of time and tedious work.  Good thing FI will be helping on that end a lot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_spanish-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:77e040c8-9b65-4dc3-8db1-cdba44e56d08Post:89aab9a4-6de4-4b92-9f17-ea615191913e">Re: Spanish first dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Music is a monster I have no yet attacked, we just booked our DJ last Friday so up next is ceremony musicians and then I'll have to figure out music for the whole thing - now that seems like a lot of time and tedious work.  Good thing FI will be helping on that end a lot!
    Posted by JACKIE_RS88[/QUOTE]

It IS a monster!! Haha! I'm not too worried about the reception/ dance music.. but the big stuff is a headache!! Like first dances, mother son dance, daughter father dance... What do you do? What language? What style? Dancey or traditional? Classic or contemporary? Besides the usual first dance difficulty choices.. having to deal with languages makes it even harder for me!
  • Options
    edelgado11edelgado11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had two receptions, one last year and one a month ago.  We danced to Sabor a Mi, it was so impromptu yet perfect!
    Anniversary ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent even figured musicians for the ceremony - that is the first one I'll have to figure out, and then find out what they're playing - gaah!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Jackie_RS88: where in NJ are you? I am in philly and the music/DJ is stressing me out. I want a DJ that can feel the Spanish music/dancing but also "american"/gringo music. 
    Nat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards