Latino Weddings

Mexican Wedding Cookies

Does anyone have a good recipe for them!?!?!?!

Thanks!!

Re: Mexican Wedding Cookies

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I don't have a recipe for you but it sounds like a yummy idea! I would google some traditional mexican recipes. The ones in Spanish are prob the most "homemade" and the best. Do you mean empanadas?
  • MariodoMujerMariodoMujer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can find a recipe online, but I havent tried any of them. You can type in "recete para galletas de boda" or "receta para polvorones" That should give you good results
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Is that what they are?? Polvorones? I love those! I've always heard of "mexican wedding cookies" but never really knew what they were. Yeah just google mexican wedding cookies or polvorones. I like using allrecipes.com, but I would also google in case you find a more authentic recipe. Good luck! Let us know if you find a good one!
  • MariodoMujerMariodoMujer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think polvorones are puertorican but its basically the same thing. Ive also heard people call them hojarascas.  plan on having them at my reception but just havent looked too much into it since I have a while to go. Please, let us know how they turn out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • garicasgirlgaricasgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used this recipe from epicurious; they turned out really good!

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I will pass along the recipe we end up using.
  • sb&trsb&tr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, this is my first post, so hopefully it's helpful!
    We call it pan de polvo and I have a really good family recipe I can share. I think it's the same thing you're talking about:

Pan de Polvo Make tea: Add 2 tablespoons Anise seeds and 1 Cinnamon stick broken into pieces to 2 cups water.  Bring to a boil, steep until cool, and strain.  Measure 1 ½ cups and discard the rest. Prepare sugar coating: Grind fresh Cinnamon sticks so that the result is coarser than store bought ground Cinnamon.  Mix with sugar and additional store bought ground Cinnamon to taste. Blend 3 pounds regular Crisco with 1 ½ cup sugar.  Add 1 ½ cup tea.  Gradually add 5 pounds of flour.  Knead until dough holds together.  Shape into small cookies using a cookie press or by hand. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom. While cookies are still hot, roll in the sugar
    PS December Siggy Challenge-The Rings
  • edited December 2011

I can't believe I've never heard or seen these cookies before. Sounds yummy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards