Latino Weddings
Options

Mexican Paper Flowers or Real Flowers?

Growing up I always loved going to the fiestas with my Tata and getting paper flowers at them so I was considering going all paper flowers for my wedding reception. Do you think this would look tacky or cheap? Our dinner will be a six course meal at a Spanish restaurant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mexican Paper Flowers or Real Flowers?

• Options
    ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you mix paper with real?  Mostly real, but with paper accents...  A good florist will be able to build centerpieces that mix the two.
  • Options
    vcvaldiviavcvaldivia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think paper flowers are very cute, and people that are not of the same culture will  think its so unique and creative, and people shring your culture will think its a nod-off to your heritage :)
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's what I thought too, my fiancé unfortunately doesn't share my enthusiasm. He thinks I'm just being cheap... even though I explained to him why I want them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vcvaldiviavcvaldivia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could do a modified version of paper flowers. Maybe if you do monochromatic centerpieces with different types of flowers/textures (in a bold color or go chic with ivory/white/light colors).  Also, I think people who would think it's tacky cheap probrably just don't envision it in a bold way.  Something like paper flowers is an awesome idea, and I think it has to be executed boldy ( large centerpices with multiple textures).
    Geez, I didn't know I felt so strongly about this!! I just like your idea and its worth a fight!! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always mix the two, no not in the same bouquet.  But you could have paper flowers as part of your decor or in your corsages, but then have fresh flowers for your bouquet.  I hadn't thought of including paper flowers, and now I am using them in my reception for decoration and people can take them at the end in addition to the favors, if they want.
  • Options
    edelgado11edelgado11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a small ceremony at my fi parents backyard in a week and the big, religious ceremony/ reception next year. My girlfriend is making the paper flowers in different sizes in a marigold yellow to hang from the tent we'll be married under.  I saw this in the martha stewart website.  I also found the templates in Michaels, but its cheaper to do it on your own and you can customize with the colors and sizes you want!! I'm also having round bowls with different color fresh gerber daisies on the tables.  Very festive, and 'springy'
    Anniversary ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards