Latino Weddings

Spanish Wedding! Please post ideas and pics (if you can!)

I'm planning a Spanish wedding in April, and there are so many ideas out there! Of course there are fans, roses, Flamenco-inspired attire, arras, red, black and white colors, but...I need more! LOL! Submit pics! Wink

Re: Spanish Wedding! Please post ideas and pics (if you can!)

• edited December 2011

We are using maracas for our exit.  We are having cascarones for the kids at the reception.  We are having papel picado in the reception space with a custom design with our initials drawn by our Best Man.  We are having mosaic tile work in our decor for both the ceremony and the reception.  We are having a papel picado look to our programs as well.  We are having Mexican Wedding Cookies as our favor. I am using a Mexican paper flower in my hair for the reception...and some paper flowers in our reception decor.  We are also serving Pacifico and a White Sangria.  Our food has hints of Mexican flair as well.

• edited December 2011
    There's a blog called "Para Ti Novia" and they have some nice ideas for decorating and whatnot.  It doesn't have a lot of stuff in that blog but I think it's nice.
  • LadyMadrid08LadyMadrid08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By Spanish wedding do you mean Spanish like Spain or Mexican?  I got married in Spain, but the traditions vary from place to place and the decorations are the same as in the US mostly.  If you're trying to do themed Flamenco the ideas of fans as favors and very bright colors are great.

The arras are definitely a Spanish tradition and very sweet to have photos of.  (sorry I don't have mine back yet)  If you're doing a Mexican wedding theme they also use lassos which I will be honest, I don't understand what it is because they don't use that in Spain.  There are usually Padrinos and the madrina wears a black mantilla and (in Spain) a black dress.

Not sure if this helps, but if you're doing a Mexican wedding I don't have many ideas.  If you are doing a Spanish wedding I might have a few more ideas, but again, it would depend on what area since Flamenco themed is completely different than the area/wedding I had.

In any case, GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • meliballestmeliballest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like more ideas on a "Flamenco Style" wedding. Can you please help?
    I am also open to any other VERY DIFFERENT IDEAS. I only want for the actual wedding mass to be traditional. Thanks a million! Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you find the maracas?  I was thinking of doing that too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards