Latino Weddings

Save the dates, is it too late?

My Mexican family has never used save the dates but I like the idea of the magnets with the photo because I think they are cute. I'm getting married October 1st, is it too late to send the STDs? We usually don't even send out the invitations till about 2 weeks before the wedding because they just get lost but I was planning on sending mine 3 weeks before. I just booked my place a few weeks ago so  thats why I am running really behind on everything. What do you all think? By the way I'm also getting a good deal on the STDs so money isn't a big issue. 

Re: Save the dates, is it too late?

• edited December 2011
    I think sending out STDs 2 - 3 months before the wedding date is plenty of time. You should send them out soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Traditionally invitations should be sent 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  So, sending STDs out early August would be weird, if you are going to follow tradition.  But, if you just really want to order magnets and send them out, do it right away.
  • edited December 2011

We're getting married Oct. 8. Invitations are going out in a few weeks.  I believe we missed the mark on that detail as well.  I recommend mailing out your invitations 6 weeks in advance. I'm Mexican and I dont think it will be a problem getting responses back in time give my venue a final head count.  If so, my coordinator or MOHs will be on the phone to thos "tias" and "tios".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards