Latino Weddings

American/Argentinean Wedding Customs

My FI and I are getting married in Missouri, however, my fiance is from Argentina and his family will be coming in from Argentina to be at the wedding.  His mother and my father will be the Padrinas for the wedding.  The ceremony will be conducted by two catholic priests, one speaking in Spanish and the other in English so that all of our guests can understand and participate.

We are trying to figure out how else we can tie in Argentinean customs into our wedding and reception, but my FI is not familiar with many of his local customs (other than padrinas).  Is anyone familiar with wedding and reception customs in Argentina?  Does anyone have ideas on how to help us tie in the customs of both cultures?  We are on a tight budget, and we want the day to be a happy and fun day for ourselves and our geusts.

Re: American/Argentinean Wedding Customs

• My Fi and I are having the same problems he is Mexican but google helped alot. Here are some of there traditions which may be the same one is they place a laso usually a large rosary or decorative rope wearing during the ceremony. It's similar to the unity candle meaning coming as one. Also the groom hands you 13 gold coins th show he can provide for you which is then blessed. For the ceremony we are hiring a bilingual dj to play both kinds of music so everyone feels comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards