Latino Weddings

father/daughter dance

OMG ladies.. my DJ recommended this song.. and when i first heard it i cried! it's so touching and beautiful i don't know how i'm going to get thru it with dad! (and it's not a waltz.. lol)

just thought i'd share with you ladies in case!

"es tu dia feliz" by pedro fernandez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwSSMXxrcQ

Re: father/daughter dance

• latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a beautiful song,love the lyrics :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Are there any other suggestions for the father/daughter dance?  I am so stuck on what song to choose.  I was thinking "Mi Nina Bonita" but have been told it is a Quincenera song.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about "Tu Guardian" by Juanes, or "De Nina a Mujer" by Julio Iglesias.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • preciosa4preciosa4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vals para una novia
  • Ellie*xoEllie*xo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i say go with what you like.. as far as lyrics and music.  the song i picked is obviously about a father talking about his daughter before she goes on her first date.. but it works perfectly for a wedding.  i think my sister did nina bonita,the lyrics are beautiful! i like the spanish version of  "i turn to you" by christina aguilera (por siempre tu), i seriously considered that one.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, it's a beautiful song! :)
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mi nina bonita is not a quincianera song. I am having them play that (by Vicente Fernandez) for my father/daughter song. There is a part of the song that says:

si Un Dia Se Casa Mi Niña
    vestida De Blanco Armiño
    recordare Que Soñaba
    con Que Al Nacer Fuera Un Niño

por Eso Rezo Y Le Pido
    al Señor De Gran Poder
    que El Hombre Que Se La Lleve
    la Sepa Siempre A Querer
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm going with Mi Nina Bonita.  I always get teary eyed when I hear it.  I know it's going to make my dad cry when we do our first dance.

I was sure Vicente Fernandez sang it, but everyone kept telling us he didn't.  That just goes to tell me not to listen to other people, I'm always right...lol.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • kabarcakabarca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of those selections are great! In my humble opinion, I think it's ultimately your choice of what song you want to dance with your father. I feel that it should be a song about what you think feels right. (hope that makes sense). 

Let me share my song I feel is right: as for me my father love "my baby you" by Marc Anthony. It was very touching to see my dad "cry" and sing it to me when he first heard it. To me it's more of a memory song and the fact that dad sang it to me. 

Other than that: remember that its your choice and those other songs previously mentioned are really beautiful. 

HTH

Kimberly
  • OMAR1DEBOMAR1DEB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like niña bonita by chente (vicente fernandez) becuase its so much more manlier and thus more touching than the pedro song ... :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards