Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Kay Jewelers

We are looking at engagement rings and wedding bands and I have a question.

The ring we found that we like for me was online. I asked the guy at the store if they could locate it so we could see it in person before we commit and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. He had no clue what I was asking him.

Do you any of you know how to find it at a local store? I tried calling the 1800 number but just kept getting an automated system. I have the ring number and everything I just do not know how to go about finding it.

Thanks ladies.

Re: Kay Jewelers

• Options
    My husband had a much better time approaching Kay's for my engagement ring when they weren't busy...try early in the day on a weekday, when the consultants will have more time to spend with you.

There are 2 Kays in our area.  The first one he tried was in a MUCH busier mall, where they were unwilling to spend the time to help him look at rings and go through catalogues to find my setting (he ultimately went with one through a catalog they had, since the setting he wanted to give me was more of a unique style that he couldn't find in store in in catalogue anywhere else).  He then went to the smaller, far quieter mall's Kays and the consultant had the time and attention spen to work with him. 

I would suggest emailing Kays with the item number and your area so they could assist you.  In the meantime, if you have any other Kays within a decent distance, try hitting thme up when they aren't busy so that they can devote more time to you and assist you in your search.  Honestly, from my husband's experience with my engagement ring (and my subsequent search for a wedding band), each Kays store offers different customer service, so give a couple of stores a try.
  • Options
    What LucyHC said
    He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

Yes it is a Kays ring. I have bought all of my jewelry from them and I generally enjoy dealing with them. The salesman seemed newer and I was just trying to see if there was an easier way to do this.

I am going to check the other location hopefully tommorow. We got too busy to check today.
  • Options
    Definitely try talking to a new sales person. I also have my ring and my 2 bands and fi has his band from Kay and we have been very happy. If they have it on-line it should be in the store.
  • Options
    Stormz, I don't know where in Pittsburgh you are, but my ring came from the Kay at the Monroeville Mall.  The service we had there was incredible.  Very friendly, spent a ton of time with us, explored a variety of options.  They were also not pusy like they were at some of the stores.  I highly recommend stopping in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards