Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Let the planning begin!!

I just got engaged on 9/9/09 and couldn't be more excited!  I was asked while on a picnic at a spot that we had a picnic two years before!  It was perfect and a big surprise (even though I knew it was coming... I didn't know when!!)  I am trying to decide whether to go the traditional wedding route with the church and big party reception or if I should try for a destination wedding in Jamaica... It's my dream to be married on a beach!  Plus between my family and my fiancee's family there are some religion differences and I wouldn't know what church we could get married in to make everyone comfortable on the big day... Any suggestions?  Destination wedding??  I want to get married in spring/summer 2010 so I need to decide!!

Re: Let the planning begin!!

• Options
    Congratulations!  What kind of wedding does your FI want to have?  Don't forget that he gets a say in this too, and he might surprise you; my FI (now DH) was very involved in our planning, and was a huge help!Destination weddings are becoming really popular.  Sometimes I wish we had just skipped all the fluff and flown off to Jamaica, too!If you do decide to get married in a church, get married in the church that is the one you intend to attend together as a couple.  If you are unsure, it's better not to get married in a place of worship.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi!  Congratulations... I really wish I had done a DW...  I am, however, going to Negril for my honeymoon (Couples Swept Away).  If you choose to go that route, I highly recommend my travel agent, Nancy Finn at www.myislandgetaways.com. She has been fantastic to work with and is highly knowledgable.  Lots of luck!
  • Options
    You don't have to do a destination wedding in order to skip the church.  You could stay in your hometown and use a non-church location for the ceremony.  Destination weddings are great, but you have to be prepared for lots of people not to be able to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards