Just Engaged and Proposals

Wedding planning blues

I've been engaged for 4 months now.  At first I was super excited about wedding planning and put so much effort into looking at locations, dresses,  caterers, photographers.  The whole bit.  Then life got a little hectic.  My work consummed a lot of my time and my soon to be hubby was working all the time too.  On top of that we would spend our free time taking care of our little boy.  Now that work has slowed down everyones asking me about wedding plans and I have absolutely no desire to plan this wedding. What is wrong with me? :-(

Re: Wedding planning blues

• Nothing at all. I've been planning for months and there are times when I am super into it and times when I am like "I wish it were March so we are done planning." Its like anything else in life, you can't get too consumed in it or it wont be that much fun anymore. You'll be fine because you will get into it again. :-)
  • wedding planning is hard work. when it gets to be too much, put it aside and come back to it when you feel up to it!
  • Thanks so much ya'll!  It really helps to hear that.
  • What is wrong with me? :-(Nothing!  Planning a wedding is frustrating.  You are smart to want to spend free time with your FI and your son rather than planning each and every detail of your wedding.  It helped me to remind myself that a wedding is just one day, and our marriage is for a lifetime.Anything you can do to simplify your plans?  Destination weddings can be the kind of thing where you pretty much just show up and leave married, but if that's not an option, maybe one of the venues you are looking at has a full-time coordinator who can take care of the less important aspects for you.GL!
  • After I booked all of my vendors (and that took a long time with our crazy schedules) I didn't do a darn thing for the wedding until it was time to do final meetings. I really didn't care about the little details because, well, I was just too busy with life so I let my vendors work their magic and chilled. I recommending the "chilling" aspect of planning. It doesn't stress you out as much ;)
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ha, if something is wrong with you, something is seriously wrong with me. I'm so sick of wedding planning at this point I could puke. We've had so many problems, pushed our date back 3 times now, and I'm fed up. Wedding planning can be stressful, especially if you have a lot on your plate.You've got 7 months to go, and as long as the big things are covered, I'd say you're due for a break for a few months.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards