Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Location madness!

Here's the deal ladies: we've always thought we wanted a destination wedding.  But when it came down to it, I realized I really want to have as many of the people I love surrounding me.  The future hubs still wants to do beach front and destination, I'm starting to lean to more close to home.  So how do we meet in the middle?  Still do destination, but add on more guests and hope they come?  Do destination but remain in the states?  Or find a beach more locally?  Ack!  Help!

Re: Location madness!

• Options
    What about a small-ish at home wedding and a beach honeymoon with blessing?
  • Options
    We had kind of the same dilemma. We ended up deciding on a lake-front wedding in a town a few hours away. Still semi-destination (ie: not in your home town, something a little new and different). And, it's still close enough for many of your guests to still come.
  • Options
    We are in the same boat but opposite, I want the small destination wedding and fiancee wants the whole big traditional wedding.  We are getting married at a vineyard  a couple of hours away.  Still a destination but something most of our family will come to. 
  • Options
    I see you live in San Jose. I'm SURE you can have a beach wedding somewhere close by. Or even have it in Santa Barbara or something. That way you can have a lot more people there, but still have the feel of the beach wedding.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards