Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Location, Location?

I need help deciding where to have the wedding. My family is in North Carolina/South Carolina, his family is in Maryland/Georgia, and we are in Maryland. I'd like to have the wedding in North Carolina, but don't know how difficult it would be to plan from Maryland. Having the wedding in Maryland, I think, would make it easier to plan, but then I feel like my family would feel put out not really having the monetary means to travel, and the Georgia families would have so far to travel. Complicating the matter, families in all states have school-age children that I would love to have come to the wedding, but we want a fall or winter wedding, and don't want them missing school!
Married December 18th, 2010 :)

Re: Location, Location?

• Options
    I have this problem too! His family is in Mississippi and Texas and we are in Tennessee. I think what we are going to do is have the wedding later saturday so they can all come up Friday night and then stay Saturday night to recover and go home on Sunday. You could do that that way everyone can come and still not have to miss school/work.
  • Options
    We're in Chicago and are getting married in Savannah, Ga. We've always loved it from the first time we visited and it seemed like the perfect place to say "I do." I did a TON of research online and came up with 2-3 vendors in each category I wanted to meet with. We flew down for a 3 day whirlwind vendorpalooza and signed contracts a week later with the ones we liked the best. It's doable, but you definitely have to be the kind of person who doesn't get wrapped up in the tiny details. You need to be able to just let the small stuff go. If you're a hands-on person who has to have every last detail perfect, a destination wedding probably isn't for you. As for the kids, you can always get married over Labor Day weekend so they won't miss school. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards