Just Engaged and Proposals

Re: .

• Helsy85Helsy85 member
    First Comment
    Awwww, that was awesome! What a dream come true hey??!!!
  • SO CUTE!!!  I'm jealous I don't get a story like that hahaha. 
    Photobucket
  • Adorable!!! Very happy for you! Congratulations!
  • ooook.. I'm going to be the debby downer here, 
    Congratulations! It's wonderful. 

HOWEVER

This is an international website with millions of people on it that YOU DON'T KNOW. 
    YOu just posted your facebook that has ALL your information on it, and all of your pictures with very little privacy settings. 
    THere are horrible and creepy people out there. 
    I suggest you take down those links and just post the pictures themselves in here, rather than links to all of your information.
    This is how identity theft happens. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_newly-engaged-527-in-front-of-the-band-the-fray?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:17e7a20d-2ff6-4f28-a4a1-9352ccac65bbPost:05f480ef-b0e1-4e64-bd13-e05f1de1d944">Re: Newly Engaged- 4/27 in front of the band, THE FRAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooook.. I'm going to be the debby downer here,  Congratulations! It's wonderful.  HOWEVER This is an international website with millions of people on it that YOU DON'T KNOW.  YOu just posted your facebook that has ALL your information on it, and all of your pictures with very little privacy settings.  THere are horrible and creepy people out there.  I suggest you take down those links and just post the pictures themselves in here, rather than links to all of your information. This is how identity theft happens. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

This. It's for your own protection. I'd advise to remove the FB links.

However...

Congrats!! What an amazing proposal story!
  • "actually" you can argue all you want with us about what your facebook tells you, but I'm telling you what I can see.. which includes where you went to college, how your political views, that you like jesus, and a bunch of OTHER photo albums. Just stuff that I wouldn't want public to necessarily know, so I thought I would give you a heads up. 

• Seriously? 
    You're going to have to toughen up a bit on TK if you think that I was being rude. 
  • Hah.. Okay. Good luck here.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_newly-engaged-527-in-front-of-the-band-the-fray?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:17e7a20d-2ff6-4f28-a4a1-9352ccac65bbPost:40ae2018-0559-42ac-a692-e13aff94363b">Re: Newly Engaged- 4/27 in front of the band, THE FRAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, I'm not about to get into it with somebody on a silly wedding board.. You said I was arguing, I wasn't. I was stating that I thought my page was private, when obviously it wasn't.. I'm just wondering why you're on the "Newly Engaged" forum when it's obvious by your pictures that you are already married.  Go rain on someone else's parade!
    Posted by lindsshane24[/QUOTE]

Wow... I never knew that someone warning you that you were putting yourself in danger and letting you know how much information you were unintentionally putting out on the internet was rude.  She was pretty polite actually. And informative.  The only person who took it to a rude place was you. 

And fyi, there are a LOT of us recently married ladies on TK, partly to give advice to brides - because only the people who have DONE it already actually know what it's like to go through it and can give the best advice on what does and doesn't work - and partly because we enjoy weddings and the people on here. 

Congratulations on your engagement, I think you'll get a lot of the site if you aren't so defensive and realize that someone's just trying to help you / keep you safe.  You obviously didn't know what was visible until she told you.  That should have been motivation for gratitude, not hypocritical rudeness on your part.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards