Just Engaged and Proposals

elopement

I havent found too much on elopement either then people kindly bashing it. I come from an italian family so my family is huge if i were to do a tradtional wedding, with italians its like ...
you cant invite your uncle unless his entire family comes with with his entire wifes family kinda thing LOL
and heaven forbid if you dont have pasta at your wedding...
anyways so basically including fiances family id have to invite approx 500 people without hurting anyones feelings and everyone will bring their kids and yeah just we dont want that
so we were thinking of taking a destination wedding just the two of us,  which i think is  a great idea, hes my best friend and honestly i dont want any stress, maybe im missing some pros and cons so if you guys can think of anything or know any good places with all inclusive packages.
Im not big into decor, i just want something simple, easy and above all have a good time. I dont want abig party where everyone gets hammered, and i dont wanna blow a crap ton of money when we could buy a house after

Pros:
stress free
budget friendly
all inclusive, can have honeymoon there too
simple yet elegent
someplace new i havent been before , relaxing, romantic,
simply easy, no stress no worry

Cons:
parents wont be there,
close friends wont be there

Re: elopement

• Wow - that doesn't sounds like a wedding I would want, either.  I think I would definitely go the elopement route with a nominally 500 person guest list.  As you said, it would be much less stress and more fun (not to mention, less expensive!).  Best of luck. 
  • Would your parents be cool with coming with you on your DW, or are they the ones pushing the 500 person wedding? Like, would it be feasible to do a small DW with just parents and siblings, or no?
  • its not even an option to do a small just parents wedding, but they are fine, with us doing the DW wedding just the two ofus ,mine and his are more relaxed about it and want us to be happy its the rest of my family that would be mad like grandmas and grandpas and aunts ect ect (literally)
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    I have a big fat Italian family and had to cut it off at 1st cousins and a few selected 2nd ones (the 3 I see all the time) or else it would have been over 400 people. We also had no kids. We cut it to 150.  You are afraid of hurting people's feelings but eloping will hurt the same feelings that cutting the guest list will.  Understand that you can not possibly make everyone happy.  Why isn't it an option to invite only your parents to your DW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my mom cant travel she has massive anexity problems inorder for her to go on ahighway she would has to be drugged with meds so much it would knock out an elephant, so for her to go through an airport they wouldnt let her on she is too drugged up
  • How about city hall and a family lunch or dinner in town so she can go. You can invite your im laws as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • although that is a good idea and we thought about it, wed really like to go somewhere where weve never been and treat ourselves, to a luxious just us kinda thing
  • yes that sounds like a good idea i like the resturant idea, my moms wife is the head chef in my city at the best resturant intown it was actually rated one of the best places to eat in canada,so i can see how that would be a good idea,
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    In Response to elopement:
    [QUOTE]I havent found too much on elopement either then people kindly bashing it. I come from an italian family so my family is huge if i were to do a tradtional wedding, with italians its like ... you cant invite your uncle unless his entire family comes with with his entire wifes family kinda thing LOL and heaven forbid if you dont have pasta at your wedding... anyways so basically including fiances family id have to invite approx 500 people without hurting anyones feelings and everyone will bring their kids and yeah just we dont want that so we were thinking of taking a destination wedding just the two of us,  which i think is  a great idea, hes my best friend and honestly i dont want any stress, maybe im missing some pros and cons so if you guys can think of anything or know any good places with all inclusive packages. Im not big into decor, i just want something simple, easy and above all have a good time. I dont want abig party where everyone gets hammered, and i dont wanna blow a crap ton of money when we could buy a house after Pros: stress free budget friendly all inclusive, can have honeymoon there too simple yet elegent someplace new i havent been before , relaxing, romantic, simply easy, no stress no worry Cons: parents wont be there, close friends wont be there
    Posted by sunnilove[/QUOTE]

I don't think people bash elopements. People bash those who choose an elopement then come home and want to still have receptions and collect gifts.
  • ah yes deffanitly not in it for the gifts, and its a small town in sault ste marie so no where near toronto or vancouver.
  • I'm probably going with elopment too, and the wedding you described is basically my nightmare. I don't really have anyone I'd want going to my wedding/elopement (well, maybe I have one, but she's in a different country), and my fiance (need to get used to that) has some close friends and relatives, but he's kind of a quiet guy and doesn't like to be at the center of attention. We're also on a fast track to get married because he's moving to California fairly soon. Of course, those aren't the only reasons to elope. There's lots more, and that's why it a better decision for some couples.
    Anniversary
  • Try this link-

http://www.intimateweddings.com/

and the destination wedding board.

We eloped and it was perfect for us. My one piece of advice is to make sure to choose the wedding of YOUR dreams, not that of your family. Also make sure to understand that feelings will be hurt, be able to explain and stand up for your reasons. Be secure enough in your choices to be happy with the wedding you choose, no matter other's opinions. Elopements can be lovely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards