Just Engaged and Proposals

Proposal Speech/Song

What's your opinion on the guy doing a personal speech or song to you when he proposes and making you stand there, knowing the obvious is going to happen, but not getting down on one knee and actually asking you for a few minutes from when you know it's going to happen....?

Thanks!

Re: Proposal Speech/Song

• My FI got down on one knee said why he loved me (unrehearsed speech), & then asked me to marry him.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Ok, I'm all for a big, romantic gesture ... but at the same time, I'm not into big speeches. That's just me, though. When picking out greeting cards for DH, I will immediately dismiss ones that have "too many words".

If a girl would love some huge speech, then I think it's fine. Proposals should be done with what the person being asked would like, even if that's not what the person doing the asking is into.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I didn't vote. While I wouldn't like a long lengthy speech, my H did say a few sentences before he dropped to one knee and proposed. I loved that and it did mean a lot to me esp with him just moving out of state for his job, etc.
  • FI is a planner, so he of course had a speech all prepared...well when the time came for the proposal, he got down on one knee, told me he loved me and blurted out the question. 

I think you can plan and plan and plan, but until you're in the moment, you have no idea where it'll take you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards